Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

NASB 2020

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Olive

Adam Olive

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:14 AM

Does anyone know when this might become an e-Sword module?

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:16 AM

The NASB is a premium or paid module sold by The Lockman Foundation for $20.00 so it is up the publisher to release a module for the 2020 edition.

#3 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:40 PM

Not personal; only info dump.

Do not confuse the NASB2020 with the upcoming "Legacy Standard Bible" by John MacArthur that is also an update of the NASB1995.

The NASB2020 use "LORD" in the OT while the "Legacy Standard Bible" shall use "Yahweh".
The NASB2020 use "bond-servant" in Rom 1:1 while the "Legacy Standard Bible" shall use "slave".

So there are 4 complete(OT and NT) translation editions of the NASB (1971,1977,1995, 2020) and the coming Legacy Standard Bible(LSB).

The LSB New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs will be released in print March 2021 at the Shepherds’ Conference.
A complete Bible is expected to be released by the end of the same year.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#4 Wilson Waigwa

Wilson Waigwa

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:55 AM

I contacted the Lockman Foundation. They said that the NASB2020 set is expect to be rolled out in December this year. 

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:05 PM

I contacted the Lockman Foundation. They said that the NASB2020 set is expect to be rolled out in December this year. 

@Adam Olive
Well, well, well; there you go. All the panic, worry, and stress for nothing.

To me, these kind of things aren't a biggy at all. If it comes out, it comes out. And if it doesn't - it doesn't. Like i said, Its not a biggy.

The point I'm trying to make is that even you could have found that out for yourself. That said, the thing is that generally whatever new or revisions or editions of resources that publishers decide to make, are not generally announced at all. They are just released, and that is normally how it works.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

A note to myself: Now that I know, Keep an eye out for for the new edition of the NASB in e-Sword Downloader.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Adam Olive

Adam Olive

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 04:12 PM

@Adam Olive Well, well, well; there you go. All the panic, worry, and stress for nothing. ... The point I'm trying to make is that even you could have found that out for yourself.

There was no panic, worry or stress. .... Not a very kind reply.

Edited by Adam Olive, 20 November 2020 - 06:40 PM.

#7 tsmalley

tsmalley

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 02:49 AM

I see the new nasb study set which includes the 2020 version, but the program will not accept my product key that I used for the previous version of the study set.  Does this mean I have to make another 20 USD purchase?

#8 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 11:55 AM

It is available I have it. e-Sword New American Standard Bible Study Set, NASB 2020

---God’s Love is a Verb:---

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son,

that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#9 Adam Olive

Adam Olive

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 06:10 PM

Thanks Todd.

I saw it become available.

Appreciate your response.

#10 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:31 AM

I see the new nasb study set which includes the 2020 version, but the program will not accept my product key that I used for the previous version of the study set.  Does this mean I have to make another 20 USD purchase?

I sent an Email to Rick Meyers and he said that the NASB 2020 is a new purchase so the old code will not work.

FYI this is some info re the changes in 2020

Most of the changes are language updates "contemporary English"

Copied from BOBS but with some editing

@ http://www.biblesupp...ional-purchase/

NASB 2020 Distinctions. For those who have used the NASB 1995 for the past 25 years, here are some details of the NASB 2020 that may stand out to you. First, even though this is a substantial revision of the NASB 1995, the NASB 2020 version retains 94% of the NASB 1995 text. Second, one of the stated goals of the Lockman Foundation is to “clearly communicate the Word of God in contemporary English, ” that is, to make the text more available to the modern reader. Archaic (antiquated) language has been updated.

For example in the book of Ephesians the word “alienshas been changed to “foreigners,” “lose heartchanged to “become discouraged,” “implorechanged to “urge,” “tender-heartedchanged to “compassionate,” “girded your loinschanged to “belted your waist,” “coarse jestingchanged to “vulgar joking.” These are changes that amount to making the translation more accessible to a younger generation. As we looked over the changes in the book of Ephesians most seemed like straightforward modernized renditions of antiquated words.

The third component to this update is the use of “Gender Accuratelanguage. The stated goal here is not “inclusivity” per se, but rather accuracy and faithfulness to the intentions of the Biblical authors. An example is found in Matthew 4:19, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of people.” (bold added) “People” translates the Greek word anthropoi – which means “human beings.” “Men” works in this verse only if it is assumed by the audience that “Men” refers to both men and women.

Romans 5:12 – “Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all mankind, because all sinned.” (bold added). In this case the NASB 2020 uses “mankind” for anthropoi (human beings). Mankind denotes “human beings” in a similar way “people” is used in other passages. Notice the word “man” in Romans 5:12 remains unchanged because it is clearly referring to a male subject.

1 Timothy 2:1 – “First of all, then, I urge that requests, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made in behalf of all people.” (bold added) Again the word “anthropos” is translated as “people” instead of “men” – because “men” can be understood as only males in modern English. Clearly anthropos should be understood as referring generically to all humans – therefore it would seem that “people” is in some sense a more accurate translation.

Edited by Silverhair, 08 March 2021 - 10:34 AM.

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users