Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Why do I use e-Sword?

20 replies to this topic

#11 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

Jogirl,

first, your new avatar is much nicer than that hideous thing you used to have. (wink, wink).

Second - can you tell us more about your novel?

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#12 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

So now it comes to this question, Why are you an e-Sword user?

A friend uses Logos and e-Sword. He uses Logos for something in depth that's going to require some time to figure out, because just starting Logos takes a while. :) For something quick, he uses e-Sword because of the design simplicity and ease of use.

#13 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

I entered the NaNoWriMo competition

Where can we read your entry in NaNoWriMo?

jonathon

#14 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

A friend uses Logos and e-Sword. He uses Logos for something in depth that's going to require some time to figure out, because just starting Logos takes a while. :) For something quick, he uses e-Sword because of the design simplicity and ease of use.

Hi Josh,
That is good, and I mean That is good!

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21)
X (formerly Twitter)

#15 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:57 AM

Jogirl,

first, your new avatar is much nicer than that hideous thing you used to have. (wink, wink).

Second - can you tell us more about your novel?

Hi Dave,
I'm still working on it, mosly editing and I will have to re-write the last section since I have some better ideas. During the thirty day period of November, I scrambled every day to get my word count up to 2K. The goal is to get 50K and to completely forget about grammar. It frees the individual to pick up the pen or peck on the keyboard and let thoughts fly. I wrote a novel about a young boy situated in the first century who studies under Rabban Gamaliel and who becomes an amanuensis.

This avatar is only temporary, Dave, until I find one with a basketball in it. :D
God bless and thanks for your humor!

#16 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:01 AM

Where can we read your entry in NaNoWriMo?

jonathon

Hi Jonathon,
After November, everyone is editing and some people have plans to publish and distribute their novels. I have no plans yet other than to finish it, polish it, and let my closest friends read it to see if it is worth expending more energy on publishing, etc. It would be fairly easy to publish as an ebook on Amazon for the Kindle and sell it for 99 cents. There are other ebook routes I could take, too. I have given it all to the Lord and look to Him for the next step. Thanks for asking!

#17 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

Another reason Why I like e-Sword:

Is The modules look better. (I have to redo a lot that I converted over). That is why I agree with Josh about making a module that is looks good (readable, layout etc.)
So Please if you are making modules and need help Please A.S.K.

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#18 raths

raths

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

Late to the subject I guess, but I just like using e-Sword. Its fast, convenient, and best of all free! I open it up as I'm doing my daily readings and if I come across something I don't understand, I just put it in the search and I have several sources to try to get a better understanding.

I'm no scholar or teacher or preacher, but this is just a great resource and way more power than I will ever use! Can't wait til my wife approves the cost of the NASB module!

Blessings

Steve
Jeremiah 29:11

#19 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

Late to the subject I guess, but I just like using e-Sword.

Hi Steve,
Its never late on the subject. I started this topic off simply because there are more reasons why people use e-Sword than one can poke a stick at, and to hear these reasons is what, I reckon, that makes it all interesting.

The fact is, it would be great to hear more e-Sword stories as to why people opt for this program.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#20 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

Not complaining!!!!!!!!!!!! Well maybe just a tad :-)

The set thingy within esword would help big time. I have many resources and a lot I seldom use but want them available when needed. Much of my work is on a netbook which I know is my fault :-)

Today I booted up, started E-sword on its opening ways. The decaf wasn't finished so I waited a bit, then they said it was ready, went over got my equal in, poured the decaf, returned to my table at the coffee shop. I then opened Word, composed/typed a sentance and E-sword finally opened. Glad they don't do sword drills in church anymore :-)

After open it works fairly nicely and I love the fantastic tool but I reaaaaaalllllllyyy don't like to reboot :-)

I have some other programs but seldom use them due to my familarity with e-sword.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users