Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

I Can't Find My Downloaded Module

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StandingFirm

StandingFirm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

I downloaded Evans, William - Book of Books - e-S10 and it appeared to download ok. This upload includes the self-installing executable (exe) and the raw resource file (topx). Actually it is an exe and a refx file. When I tried to copy the refx file over to my esword folder it said there was already a file there by that neme. I don't see a topx file there though and when I try to find the file in esword, I don't see it there. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks!

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Are you running e-Sword 10? The refx file should be in the same location as the folder specified in Options > Resources. Usually, that's your program files\e-sword folder. And refx can only be used with e-Sword 10.

#3 StandingFirm

StandingFirm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

Thanks Josh. Yes I downloadee e-Sword 10 this morning. I have also lost access to the topx files that I had previously - some I had downloaded and some I had created. They are still in my folder Documents - ESword but I can't see them in the ESword program.

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

Move your downloaded topics to program files\e-sword and view them through the Reference Library.

For the topics you created—your personal topics—keep them in my documents\e-sword. In the Topics Editor, press CTRL and right-click. Select Open from the menu. Open one of your personal topics in my documentes\e-sword.And the e-Sword Topic Note Editor will look in that folder for your personal topics from now on.

#5 StandingFirm

StandingFirm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

Thanks Josh. That was a big help. I had to look for the reference library. I wasn't sure on some of the files if I had created or downloaded them, so I copied all the files over. I will have to go through them and delete the ones that I don't want in the Topic Files. I appreciate your help.

Michael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users