Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Jewish Encyclopedia update 11/06/2023

11 replies to this topic

#1 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 02:09 PM

The Jewish Encyclopedia project is approaching completion after months of work and 1 computer failure along the way. 

The final stage is assembling the module for uploading here on Bible Support and to that point the module is going to be a very large one. It will be uploaded in dcti format so it can be used on all versions of e-Sword Windows, Apple/Mac and Android. 

The Jewish Encyclopedia contains more then 15000 entries from A to Z with more then 1000 images, illustrations and tables. 

This is the largest e-Sword project I have worked on to date and maybe one the largest e-Sword modules created. 

I apologize for the length of time this has taken to complete but thanks for being patient with my efforts

TJ

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 04:11 PM

I have completed assembling the Jewish Encyclopedia module however I have run into a problem concerning the size of the module. The module is 545 megabytes in size which is too large to upload here on Bible Support. So I created a zip file of the module to upload however the zip file is 375 megabytes which is still too big. 

I am going to have to find a way to fix this issue not sure how though, I may end up having to break the module up into smaller modules I am not sure at this point

#3 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 12 November 2023 - 07:48 PM

You have done well to complete the task - huge effort and well done - look forward to when a solution is found for the uploading this 

#4 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 10:06 AM

congratulations on completing this task,

wetransfer can host up to 4 gb but it is usually good for a week

another option might be resizing some of the larger graphics.

#5 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 11:06 AM

Cyclopedia in the Downloads is broken into parts; one could follow that pattern.

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 13 November 2023 - 06:08 PM

...I may end up having to break the module up into smaller modules I am not sure at this point
Cyclopedia in the Downloads is broken into parts; one could follow that pattern.

Hi Higgsy,

This can easily be achieved by creating about the smaller modules as volumes, e.g., Volume 1 A-E, Volume 2 F-I etc, or that each volume comes to about 54 or 55MB. The beaut part about it is that the total amount of space (545MB) it will take on a mobile device, whether phone or tablet, shouldn't be a problem.

As to the actual size of your file, that can be compacted down in SQLite Browser. As to how much, that I can't say as I have no idea.

That said, I would recommend that you have a decent sized SD card, e.g., from about 64GB to about 128GB (if not more) on you Mobile device. And any photos and/or videos you have on your device, that you move them onto your Computer (a desktop or laptop) to free up space. I don't recommend you store these resource files on your device's internal storage, as that can be a lot less space than what you can store on an SD card.

Trust you find this information helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 13 November 2023 - 06:08 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 09:45 PM

Hi Higgsy,

This can easily be achieved by creating about the smaller modules as volumes, e.g., Volume 1 A-E, Volume 2 F-I etc, or that each volume comes to about 54 or 55MB. The beaut part about it is that the total amount of space (545MB) it will take on a mobile device, whether phone or tablet, shouldn't be a problem.

As to the actual size of your file, that can be compacted down in SQLite Browser. As to how much, that I can't say as I have no idea.

That said, I would recommend that you have a decent sized SD card, e.g., from about 64GB to about 128GB (if not more) on you Mobile device. And any photos and/or videos you have on your device, that you move them onto your Computer (a desktop or laptop) to free up space. I don't recommend you store these resource files on your device's internal storage, as that can be a lot less space than what you can store on an SD card.

Trust you find this information helpful.

Blessings,

Thanks ASPIT

#8 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 06:47 AM

Any method this is shared is greatly appreciated but a single module would be nice if not a huge inconvenience. I'm also hopeful there will be mysword compatibility.

#9 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 08:04 AM

Any method this is shared is greatly appreciated but a single module would be nice if not a huge inconvenience. I'm also hopeful there will be mysword compatibility.

500MB module would definitely slow down processing, especially if it is indexed.

Simple Bible Reader can  convert to mysword.

#10 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 10:58 AM

500MB module would definitely slow down processing, especially if it is indexed.

Simple Bible Reader can  convert to mysword.

To create the module, I created 27 small modules one for each letter of the alphabet and one containing introductory and preface material. Then using Tooltip NT's combine modules function I was able to create the 560 MB complete module. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users