Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword for Android updated August 3, 2023 in the Google Play Store

7 replies to this topic

#1 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 12:03 PM

What's new
Bible searches can now use Regular Expressions! Just wrap the expression in the REGEX() command, for example:
REGEX(\b[Aa]fter\W+(?:\w+\W+){1,6}daysb)

Bible search results can now be viewed all at once, along with a summary analysis of the results.

Bible search results can now be tagged to one or more categories, essentially saving those results.

ElderB

Edited by ElderB, 05 August 2023 - 07:59 PM.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 04 August 2023 - 06:02 PM

What's new

Bible searches can now use Regular Expressions! Just wrap the expression in the REGEX() command, for example:
REGEX(\b[Aa]fter\W+(?:\w+\W+){1,6}days\ B)

Bible search results can now be viewed all at once, along with a summary analysis of the results.

Bible search results can now be tagged to one or more categories, essentially saving those results.

ElderB

Yep, Got it.

Attached File  Screenshot_20230805_115434_e-Sword.jpg   86.77K   26 downloads

Edited by APsit190, 05 August 2023 - 06:54 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 jayhansen

jayhansen

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRound Lake, IL

Posted 05 August 2023 - 03:15 PM

Who can I pay to sync all my android devices (4) with my Windows devices (4). All my windows devices are already synced to each other. I cant get the android devices t o sync and the instructions for syncing android to PC sounds too hard so I never even tried to sync them. 

Thanks

Jay

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 August 2023 - 06:18 PM

Who can I pay to sync all my android devices (4) with my Windows devices (4). All my windows devices are already synced to each other. I cant get the android devices t o sync and the instructions for syncing android to PC sounds too hard so I never even tried to sync them. 

Thanks

Jay

I have my devices synched via Google accounts

#5 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 August 2023 - 10:13 PM

What's new

REGEX(\b[Aa]fter\W+(?:\w+\W+){1,6}daysb)

Typo?
should be days\b ; but then I also realized that adding the \ causes an emoticon to appear; I unchecked [ ] Enable emoticons, but emoticon still appeared in post.

Maybe it was not a typo, but rather a way to avoid the emoticon.

Edited by PeanutGallery, 06 August 2023 - 06:46 AM.

#6 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 04:23 PM

Yep.  Maybe it was just bad luck that the "example" provided to advertise the new features of the upgraded e-Sword for Android happened to create an emoticon when copied and pasted on BibleSupport.com.  My edit got rid of the emoticon, but left behind a typo.

My edit without the slash character is consistent with the screenshot that APsit190 attached.

ElderB

Edited by ElderB, 06 August 2023 - 04:27 PM.

#7 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 August 2023 - 08:22 AM

You can view the updates provided for Android, including version 6.5, updated 2023-08-03 by Rick Meyers, the designer of e-Sword for Android, with the correct spelling. on the TUTORIAL page for Android,
https://www.e-sword.net/android/tutorial.htm

The link to the Tutorial is shown on the Android FAQ web page https://www.e-sword.net/android/faq.htm by Rick Meyers, the developer of e-Sword for Android.

The latest illustration of twenty different screen prints applicable to Android options can be viewed on the Google Play Store.
You will find the appropriate link from https://www.e-sword.net/android/index.htm

Attached Files

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 09 August 2023 - 10:54 PM.

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 09 August 2023 - 08:05 PM

Thanks

Jay

You have to have a Google account, and you will need to add a Credit and/or a Debit card to your account. 'nother thing too, just make make sure you haven't maxed your Credit card, and/or that you have enough money in your Bank account if you're going to use a Debit card.

Debit cards work the same way a Credit Card does.

Now, all this information might be as useful as hip-pockets on a t-shirt as you might are aware of all of these things. But I'm not going to second guess you and make assumptions where I could end up with egg on my face.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 09 August 2023 - 08:05 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users