Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Sync E-Sword Between Android Devices

9 replies to this topic

#1 jayhansen

jayhansen

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRound Lake, IL

Posted 09 October 2023 - 06:58 PM

I want to sync E-sword between my Android phone and tablets. I have tried backing up files from the tablet I have the most notes and highlights on to my Google Drive and then importing those files from the google drive to my phone but it doesnt work. Any ideas? 

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 07:36 PM

I want to sync E-sword between my Android phone and tablets. I have tried backing up files from the tablet I have the most notes and highlights on to my Google Drive and then importing those files from the google drive to my phone but it doesnt work. Any ideas? 

You have to import them into e-Sword for Android not just the phone

#3 godse777

godse777

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 09:16 PM

Dakes Bible for Android please

#4 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 01:05 AM

Dake's Study Notes are a premium Commentary module that you purchase and download from within e-Sword for Android.

ElderB

#5 Cwynton

Cwynton

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 02:59 AM

I find it beyond pathetic that Esword doesnt have services such as these. someone please tell me i dont know what im talking about and that you can have your data easily accessible from their built in cloud storage. this is beyond useless. just waisted my money

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 October 2023 - 12:01 PM

I find it beyond pathetic that Esword doesnt have services such as these. someone please tell me i dont know what im talking about and that you can have your data easily accessible from their built in cloud storage. this is beyond useless. just waisted my money

e-Sword does not have cloud storage but you can use free cloud drives such as Google Drive and One Drive or others to upload and download between devices. 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 11 October 2023 - 12:02 PM.

#7 katharine

katharine

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 04:15 PM

e-Sword does not have cloud storage but you can use free cloud drives such as Google Drive and One Drive or others to upload and download between devices. 

I've wondered about using cloud storage, but not sure how to do it. Have you successfully synced E-Sword on different devices? And if so, are you able to let me know how you managed it?

I have E-Sword X on my old Mac and E-Sword Android on my Samsung.

#8 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 04:48 PM

I've wondered about using cloud storage, but not sure how to do it. Have you successfully synced E-Sword on different devices? And if so, are you able to let me know how you managed it?

I have E-Sword X on my old Mac and E-Sword Android on my Samsung.

I have used my google drive to upload modules to e-Sword for Android but I have done any syncing 

#9 jayhansen

jayhansen

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRound Lake, IL

Posted 12 January 2024 - 05:46 PM

You have to import them into e-Sword for Android not just the phone

When importing the files I am not given an option on what directory to save the import to. I ask Esword customer sport and they said that you cannot point or direct an upload like you can if you are synking a windows desktop version. Have you sync between android devices successfully? Jayhansen2784@gmail

#10 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 11:48 AM

When importing the files I am not given an option on what directory to save the import to. I ask Esword customer sport and they said that you cannot point or direct an upload like you can if you are synking a windows desktop version. Have you sync between android devices successfully? Jayhansen2784@gmail

No what I have done is uploaded files to my Google Drive from my Windows PC, then downloaded them to my Android devices using the Google Drive App. The files download in the Android files folder which is where all downloads into Android go. From there I use the e-Sword for Android Import function to import the files into e-Sword. 

Android imports the files into the proper directory very quickly and effortlessly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users