Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Failed download

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 John Coombes

John Coombes

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCape Town, South Africa

Posted 03 September 2023 - 02:59 PM

I bought the "New American Standard Bible Study Set" back in 2009. I am installing a new computer and currently busy with e-sword. When i tried to download this set the Password/Security key was rejected. The e-mail address at the time had now been out of action for 13 years. I entered the key 4 times,  but each time it was rejected by Lockmans. This is a strange occurrence. Recently i did as clean install of Win 10 on my old computer and registration of the ASB installed without a problem.

All my other modules have installed correctly.

Can anyone help me on this one?

Thanks

john coombes

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 September 2023 - 06:56 PM

I bought the "New American Standard Bible Study Set" back in 2009. I am installing a new computer and currently busy with e-sword. When i tried to download this set the Password/Security key was rejected. The e-mail address at the time had now been out of action for 13 years. I entered the key 4 times,  but each time it was rejected by Lockmans. This is a strange occurrence. Recently i did as clean install of Win 10 on my old computer and registration of the ASB installed without a problem.

All my other modules have installed correctly.

Can anyone help me on this one?

Thanks

john coombes

Hi John,

Do a "Forgot Password" at your Lockman account, and enter in a new password. Alternatively, I trust you have a copy of all your e-Sword resource files, including the NASB. If so, without the need to install, simply move all of your on a USB device, and then copy them onto your new machine.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21)

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 John Coombes

John Coombes

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCape Town, South Africa

Posted 06 September 2023 - 10:50 AM

Hello Stephen

Many thanks for the tip. I located the NASB files on the old computer and copied them into the Program Files (x86) folder, restarted E-sword and voila it has been retrieved. I'd like to keep my entire library on a backup disc, but I am puzzled by something.

When i scan the x86 folder there are a couple of installed modules, but the majority are not visible. I have checked in e-sword itself and they all there running fine. No trace of module location.

Where exactly are the operational modules stored in the MS directories?

Blessings to the Aoteraoa believers.

John

PS I have tried to reset my password at Lockman, but they only recognise the now extinct email address. I have written to them to try and update my profile.

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 September 2023 - 12:54 PM

Hello Stephen

Many thanks for the tip. I located the NASB files on the old computer and copied them into the Program Files (x86) folder, restarted E-sword and voila it has been retrieved. I'd like to keep my entire library on a backup disc, but I am puzzled by something.

When i scan the x86 folder there are a couple of installed modules, but the majority are not visible. I have checked in e-sword itself and they all there running fine. No trace of module location.

Where exactly are the operational modules stored in the MS directories?

Blessings to the Aoteraoa believers.

John

PS I have tried to reset my password at Lockman, but they only recognise the now extinct email address. I have written to them to try and update my profile.

Many times e-Sword modules install in what is known as the Windows Virtual Store folder which is a hidden folder in windows. 

The location for the Virtual Store is as follows:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore
To easily access this location, paste the following path into the location/url bar in Windows Explorer:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore
This will automatically convert the %LOCALAPPDATA% variable into the local application data folder for the currently logged in user.
OR
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore
This will automatically convert the %USERNAME% variable into the username of the currently logged in user.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users