Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-sword for PC, version 13 (Cant download modules within the app)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ev_angeline7

ev_angeline7

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 10:18 AM

I had version 12.2.0 installed and couldn't download any modules. I went through my settings and gave windows 10 the ok to allow downloads through the app. That didn't help. The download menu was inactive.

So I downloaded version 13, installed it and restarted my computer. I still can't download modules from within the app, the download menu is still greyed out. I had purchased e-study modules on my android and wish to install them on my PC.. I am hoping this is possible with the keys. Nonetheless, I would like the option to install other modules.

I don't have anything else installed on my system security-wise to prevent downloads that I am aware of.. I have not installed any additional software. I am connected by high speed cable and via a corded ethernet connection.

Can anyone help me?

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 11:02 AM

I had version 12.2.0 installed and couldn't download any modules. I went through my settings and gave windows 10 the ok to allow downloads through the app. That didn't help. The download menu was inactive.

So I downloaded version 13, installed it and restarted my computer. I still can't download modules from within the app, the download menu is still greyed out. I had purchased e-study modules on my android and wish to install them on my PC.. I am hoping this is possible with the keys. Nonetheless, I would like the option to install other modules.

I don't have anything else installed on my system security-wise to prevent downloads that I am aware of.. I have not installed any additional software. I am connected by high speed cable and via a corded ethernet connection.

Can anyone help me?

You need to make sure that e-Sword can find your internet connection 

#3 ev_angeline7

ev_angeline7

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 12:01 PM

You need to make sure that e-Sword can find your internet connection 

I am connected via ethernet via a cable, I have allowed Wifii also. I also disabled windows firewall thinking this might be the problem, and I have the internet connection set to automatic detection. I also added e-sword to the allowed applications list in the windows security (firewall) settings. I updated to the latest e-sword (version 13), and am using windows 10 home. I have also restarted my computer, but the menus remain greyed out.. How would I otherwise help e-sword to detect my internet connection? I have never encountered this problem before. Thank you.

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 01:58 PM

I am connected via ethernet via a cable, I have allowed Wifii also. I also disabled windows firewall thinking this might be the problem, and I have the internet connection set to automatic detection. I also added e-sword to the allowed applications list in the windows security (firewall) settings. I updated to the latest e-sword (version 13), and am using windows 10 home. I have also restarted my computer, but the menus remain greyed out.. How would I otherwise help e-sword to detect my internet connection? I have never encountered this problem before. Thank you.

When you installed version 13 did you first uninstall version 12.2, it sounds like there might be a corrupt file or files in the e-Sword folder?

#5 ev_angeline7

ev_angeline7

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 04:16 PM

When you installed version 13 did you first uninstall version 12.2, it sounds like there might be a corrupt file or files in the e-Sword folder?

I uninstalled and cleaned up everything and reinstalled. It's exactly the same. 

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 04:58 PM

Try looking at Control panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab, and change some settings there.

#7 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 December 2023 - 10:26 PM

A Hint: A printer driver is needed for the editor control e-Sword uses. A physical printer is not needed, but you should at least have an "Adobe PDF" printer set up.

#8 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 10 December 2023 - 02:07 AM

Check that you have permissions enabled from https://www.e-sword.net because Rick Meyers's website is now a secure website, not just http://e-sword.net when you download from inside e-Sword.

Check that you have permissions enabled from http://www.biblesupport.com because this is not a secure website name, when you are downloading from the Bible Support website.

Check that the permissions to the download folder into which the files are to be downloaded, allows access to the downloader. Rick Meyers recommends that the properties of the folder be provided with access to "Everyone", and that "Everyone" be provided with all necessary document access parameters. 
Are you login to e-Sword with the same username that you previously used, or are you using a different profile? Are you login to your PC with the same profile as previously, or as another user?
Let us know what finally worked.

#9 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 10 December 2023 - 03:20 AM

Check the following for some hints. "Why Won't My Computer Download Anything From the Web Anymore?"  by Andy Walton, https://smallbusiness.chron.com/wont-computer-download-anything-anymore-72054.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users