Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Paleo Hebrew

27 replies to this topic

#11 YahsScriptures

YahsScriptures

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 10:29 AM

This is what I have in Tooltip: Attached File  Screenshot 2023-09-25 102602.jpg   113.92K   11 downloads

And this is how it appears in e-Sword: Attached File  Screenshot 2023-09-25 085720.jpg   8.65K   7 downloads

What am I doing wrong?

#12 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 11:44 AM

This is what I have in Tooltip: attachicon.gifScreenshot 2023-09-25 102602.jpg

And this is how it appears in e-Sword: attachicon.gifScreenshot 2023-09-25 085720.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

You need to install the fonts for this module and then set the correct one in e-Sword's font settings

#13 YahsScriptures

YahsScriptures

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 01:39 PM

You need to install the fonts for this module and then set the correct one in e-Sword's font settings

I am new to e-sword. What exactly do I need to do?

#14 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 03:39 PM

I am new to e-sword. What exactly do I need to do?

From the menu at the top of e-Sword to open the options menu
On the options menu click font settings this will open a small box where you can change settings related to the fonts in e-Sword.
In the lower part of this box there are three font options for setting the fonts for Greek, Hebrew and Latin text
Change the selected font for Hebrew to the same Paleo font you used in Tooltip

#15 YahsScriptures

YahsScriptures

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 04:11 PM

From the menu at the top of e-Sword to open the options menu
On the options menu click font settings this will open a small box where you can change settings related to the fonts in e-Sword.
In the lower part of this box there are three font options for setting the fonts for Greek, Hebrew and Latin text
Change the selected font for Hebrew to the same Paleo font you used in Tooltip

The Paleo-Hebrew font isn't there.  The Paleo-Hebrew font is in the box above in the regular font and editor font, but not in the Hebrew, Greek, and Latin boxes.

#16 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 04:14 PM

The Paleo-Hebrew font isn't there.  The Paleo-Hebrew font is in the box above in the regular font and editor font, but not in the Hebrew, Greek, and Latin boxes.

Those boxes should contain all of the same fonts that are in installed in windows, Try changing the regular font to Paleo Hebrew and see what happens

#17 YahsScriptures

YahsScriptures

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 04:47 PM

Those boxes should contain all of the same fonts that are in installed in windows, Try changing the regular font to Paleo Hebrew and see what happens

I tried that, and it changed the entire bible to Paleo-Hebrew.

#18 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 06:35 PM

I tried that, and it changed the entire bible to Paleo-Hebrew.

Then I am stumped the font should be in the list in the Hebrew fonts list 

#19 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 05:00 AM

First problem is that there appear to be two (or more) fonts. One called Paleo-Hebrew and the better one called Paleo Hebrew, and it downloads as Paleo Hebrew Regular.ttf

Problem is that this is not a valid Unicode font. The maker has, as it were, simply drawn these Paleo-Hebrew glyphs in place of Latin hwhy. Of course these are typed in left-to-right in this font.

So no font setting in e-Sword will work to solve this. ToolTipToolNT does not have the ability to hard-code the font, without the use of a macro, and due to the death of Brent Hildebrand, I don't know of anyone else that can write the macro, so it has to be done the long way.

Make your Bible as a .bbli Module(4) which is html format. 

Where you want to show your Paleo Hebrew font, I suggest you put these markers [P]and[p] as per this example(Capital P and small p are used)

÷Gen 1:1 This is a test using Paleo Hebrew font Paleo Hebrew Regular.ttf not the PALEO.TTF [P]hwhy[p]

Build the module

Close T4

Open the .bbli file in "DB Browser for SQLite"

Click on the Execute SQL tab

Paste in this code

update Bible set Scripture = replace(Scripture,'[P]', '<font face="Paleo Hebrew">') where Scripture like '%[P]%';
update Bible set Scripture = replace(Scripture,'[p]', '</font>') where Scripture like '%[p]%';

Click on Execute SQL

Click on Write Changes

Click on Close Database

All should be fixed to hard coded tags for the Paleo Hebrew font

Attached File  PHebrew.jpg   62.19K   10 downloads

https://sqlitebrowser.org/dl/

#20 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 09:43 PM

I agree with JPG that this is going to be very challenging to do as a RTF .bblx module.  If it were me, once I had the basic bible module (without the Paleo Hebrew font) completed, I would do HTML edits in DB Browser for SQLite.  Here is what the mattithyahu 4:4 verse looks like in the SQLite .bbli database with the Paleo Hebrew font added:

But He answering, said, "It has been written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of <span style="font-family:'Paleo Hebrew'; ">hwhy</span>.’”

I'll attach a screenshot of this same verse from my e-Sword for Windows version 13.0.0

Attached File  mattithyahu chapter 4 verse 4.jpg   196.64K   11 downloads

ElderB

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users