Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Mysword 14.2 and 14.3 released

2 replies to this topic

#1 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 03:28 PM

The creators of MySword have released 2 new versions over the last few weeks these are versions 14.2 and 14.3

Here the updates and fixes in both of the latest versions:

What's new in Version 14.2

1. Option for Nice HTML/CSS for CSS Editor for Color Theme and Edit HTML/Style of Editor. Please see Menu of CSS Editor and Menu->Preferences in Editor.
2. Preview via menu for CSS Editor for Color Theme.
3. Customize the colors of the Verse Selector books. Please see Menu. Free version can only change default colors while Premium and Deluxe can be fully customized by adding book ranges as well.
4. Verse List menu action: Remove translation.
5. Animals, Plants and Objects popup picture can now be tapped to view on external app.
6. Preview and Search results split pane (Deluxe) improvement: support for tap picture to view on external app.

Bugs Fixed in Version 14.2

1. Bible Maps can't be set to None.
2. MySword starts very slow in case there are too many books and Map is previously set to None.
3. Popup merged XRefs when annotations are shown: no space between poetry lines like in Psalms and Proverbs for Bibles that supports poetry formatting.
4. Alternate Title source BSB may not show titles in some verses like in Job and Proverbs (e.g. Job 4:1, 5:1, 6:1, Pro 1:1, 2:1, 3:1).

What's new in Version 14.3

1. Download modules option (via Menu): Use default port - don't use port 4443 as it could be blocked by device or internet provider. When checked, the download MySword update will also use the default port.
2. New Bible Search option available for Deluxe: Search range type. You can enable via Menu->Preferences. The range types are:
  a. Verse - the default behavior where all keywords must be found in a verse.
  b. Chapter - all keywords must be found in the whole chapter (index will be created).
  c. Verse range - all keywords must be found in the generated verse range index. The verse range can be based on any of the Alternate sources like default.english.hdgs.twm, BSB, ISV, LEB, NET (any Bibles with both OT and NT and titles/headings that break the chapters into topics or verse ranges).
Note that chapter and range will only work when there are more than one keyword or double quoted phrase and only for Search types Standard, Exact, No accents (diacritics) and Prefix and exact (No accents). Quoted phrases cannot span multiple verses. Also, the indexes can always be recreated which is useful for changing the verse ranges.

Bugs Fixed in Version 14.3

1. Page scroll to bottom Parallel view (Premium) with sticky header only scrolls to the next page down.
2. Parallel view (Premium) paragraph mode no longer autoresize columns.
3. Search when Strong's links on text (Deluxe) is enabled:
  a. Strong search does not highlight words with found Strong.
  b. Red words only for the first word when preference show Highlights is not enabled.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 01 August 2023 - 06:09 PM

With regard to MySword, it went bye bye on my phone when e-Sword for Droid came out last year. Was glad to see the back of it, and really happy to have e-Sword on it. The only thing I have MySword running on is my Tablet, which is about 9 years and 3 month old (bought it in 2014). So, as soon as I get a new Tablet, I'll put e-Sword on it, and get rid of MySword off that one as well.

A Shameless plug:

For Those who haven't done it yet, click on the link below to get the "We Are His Body - The Special Relationship Between Jesus Christ And His Bride" essay/thesis/booklet thingy.

So, that's it from me, and I'll see ya on the next one.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 August 2023 - 09:18 AM

i love mysword. i dont see any reason for getting rid of it, and, while im using an older model, i hope it continues to be supported.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users