Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Installed Bible Never Showed Up - BIBi (PC) Berean Interlinear Bible 5-Layer Interlinear 1.0

Whole Bible

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#11 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 09:46 PM

Lower case has always been used on the file's extension going right back to the days of DOS (1980s, 1990s, and early 21st Century) of which at that time the limit of the size of the filename a maximum of 8 characters and 3 characters for the extension. The filename speaks for itself, and the extension defines the type of file it is. The limitations to filenames and extensions were due to the amount of bits and bytes the CPU could handle. With that said, believe it or not, the history of computers goes way back to 1937. That is freaky! I didn't even know that until just a very few short minutes ago.

So, if you're interested, click here to explore the timeline of the development of computers, and click here for the history of the OS (Operating Systems) for computers.

I trust you find this interesting and helpful.

Blessings,

Someone might have their reason(s) to use upper case for file extensions, but I definitely don't recommend doing so for e-Sword modules if you are also a user of the Module Installer utility. 

Thanks for the timeline and history links.  My first computer showed up in the timeline--Atari 400.  When I started working, the office only had Wang word processing systems.  Eventually we got an IBM PC with a green monochrome monitor, two 5-1/4" floppy diskette drives, and a dot matrix printer with tractor feed paper.

ElderB   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users