Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Installed Bible Never Showed Up - BIBi (PC) Berean Interlinear Bible 5-Layer Interlinear 1.0

Whole Bible

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 VanHWhite

VanHWhite

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 07:58 AM

I downloaded and installed BIBi (PC) Berean Interlinear Bible 5-Layer Interlinear and its notes file. The Bible never showed up in my list of Bibles. Afterwards I reinstalled it using the automated module installer. Still, it is not shown. Its related notes file did show up in my commentary section. Any ideas? Thanks!

#2 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 09:11 PM

One possibility is that you had an older version of BIBi previously installed.  I recommend checking your default installation folder to see what is in there.  My default installation folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

If displayed in Alphabetical Order, the installation folder should show the recent BIBi Notes.cmti and BIBi.bbli files, and no other BIBi files.  Sometimes just to be sure, I may exit e-Sword, then delete the BIBi.bbli file from the installation folder, then reinstall the BIBi.bbli file using the automated module installer, and then re-open e-Sword.  I hope something works for you.

ElderB

#3 VanHWhite

VanHWhite

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 08:21 AM

ElderB,

Thanks for taking your time to help me out. Unfortunately, I did that and the bible still doesn't show up. The Notes file is there, but not the bible.

Van

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 08:32 AM

ElderB,

Thanks for taking your time to help me out. Unfortunately, I did that and the bible still doesn't show up. The Notes file is there, but not the bible.

Van

Try downloading the bible module again and then copy and pasting it into your e-Sword folder in your Programs folder. After doing this, turn e-Sword off and then back on

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 June 2023 - 04:23 PM

ElderB,

Van

Although it hasn't been mentioned or said outright, my guess is that you're trying to install a Bible file with a .bbli extension to use in e-Sword PC. So, if that is the case, then here is a really dumb or stupid idea that just might work. Give it a go, and see what happens... So, instead of trying it with a .bbli file, why not try it with the file type that is actually made for e-Sword PC, which is a........ wait for it .......... bblx file.

Yeah, I know! It's just really dumb, and the most irrational and stupid thing to do, eh.

Edited by APsit190, 07 June 2023 - 04:25 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 05:01 PM

ElderB,

Something you seriously need to know:

• bbli file type is not, let me repeat and emphasize, is not the default type for e-Sword PC
  • bblx file type is the default file type for e-Sword PC both irrespective and despite the fact that a bbli file can be viewed on e-Sword PC
  • The bbli file type is the default extension for
    • e-Sword LT and HT on Apple's iOS devices
    • e-Sword X on macOS devices
    • e-Sword Android devices.

Bearing this in mind, it is important that when it comes to resources for e-Sword PC, it is best practice to stick to the default extensions made for that particular version.

Remember: bbli, cmti, and etc file types are not the default extensions for e-Sword PC.

So, with that said, I recommend that you actually produce resources  designed for the particular edition of e-Sword it is made for:

• e-Sword PC: bblx, cmtx, dctx, etc.
  • e-Sword HT, LT, X, and Android: bbli, cmti, dcti, etc.

Trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

Edited by APsit190, 07 June 2023 - 05:08 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 01:16 AM

Another possibility is that the Bible and Commentary modules were showing up, but were alphabetically in the "P" section of the tabs instead of in the "B" section.  That's because the old filenames began with PC_BIBi.  I uploaded new modules with filename that began with BIBi. 

You will want to delete any of the existing modules with filenames that begin with PC_BIBi or BIBi, and install the new modules.

I also changed the module filenames to the default e-Sword for Windows file extensions.  The modules still have the same content.  Still HTML, not RTF.  Still version 4, not version 3.  That's how Rick Meyers does it with his official modules that can be downloaded from within e-Sword for Windows.

I also discovered that the Module Installer utility does not like to complete the installation of modules if the file extensions are capitalized.  The utility doesn't like .BBLX or .BBLI, etc., but will install the same modules if changed to .bblx or .bbli, etc.

ElderB

#8 VanHWhite

VanHWhite

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 03:08 PM

Thanks for everyone's help. I was using .bbli instead of bblx, because I didn't know any better. I'm still new here. Also, the tip about using lower case extensions is new to me. God bless you all!

Van

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for everyone's help. I was using .bbli instead of bblx, because I didn't know any better. I'm still new here. Also, the tip about using lower case extensions is new to me. God bless you all!

Van

Lower case has always been used on the file's extension going right back to the days of DOS (1980s, 1990s, and early 21st Century) of which at that time the limit of the size of the filename a maximum of 8 characters and 3 characters for the extension. The filename speaks for itself, and the extension defines the type of file it is. The limitations to filenames and extensions were due to the amount of bits and bytes the CPU could handle. With that said, believe it or not, the history of computers goes way back to 1937. That is freaky! I didn't even know that until just a very few short minutes ago.

So, if you're interested, click here to explore the timeline of the development of computers, and click here for the history of the OS (Operating Systems) for computers.

I trust you find this interesting and helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 June 2023 - 09:39 PM

Van

Hopefully this means that you were able to successfully install the module now.  If not, then please let us know.

ElderB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users