Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Unable to download zip files.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidt8rchipstudy

davidt8rchipstudy

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:50 PM

I have been unable to download zip files.  I have followed the download instructions for zip files perfectly.  I realize it is probably something that I am doing wrong.  I am using google chrome as my browser.  Any suggestions?

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

You are unable to download any zip file? If you press CTRL-J in your browser, does it show the files downloaded? If not, can you give a link to the zip file you are trying to download?

#3 davidt8rchipstudy

davidt8rchipstudy

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

Interlinear.GNT.zip, The Hebrew Bible.zip, TR.zip, TRa.zip       These are some that I have not been able to download.  I tried it on Google Chrome, and the screen flashes.  I tried it with internet explorer and it quit working, restarted, and restored my session, but did not download the files.  Thanks for your help.

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:52 PM

A ZIP file is condensed to make it easier and faster to download, they must be "Unzipped" before they can be used as modules.  You can use an "unzip" program, or locate the file, double click it which will usually "open" the file and then you can  drag and drop the bblx file to the e-Sword directory. 

The easiest way to install zip files is to install the e-sword installer, then after you double click the zipped file, you double click the module that was revealed and  the installer automatically puts the module into the e-Sword directory.  You can find the installer here.  Please read the instructions for using it.

http://www.biblesupp...ler-05-updated/

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users