Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

More files for the STEP Reader?

6 replies to this topic

#1 hendo1986

hendo1986

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCrieff, Scotland.

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

Hi

I was wondering whether it is possible to source more free volumes for the STEP reader. I have the sample collection, and a few more from www.lightbydesign.net that ive added to the E-Sword STEP file, but other than that I cant find anymore, which is a shame, as its such a great tool(although in essence not much different to the topx viewer). Any advice would be much appreciated.

God bless,

Tony.

#2 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

I was wondering whether it is possible to source more free volumes for the STEP reader.

At BibleTech2008, Craig Rairdin outlined some of the reasons why STEP is dead.

Three organizations currently sell resources in STEP format:
* Lifeway: This organization owns QuickVerse;
* LightByDesign;
* The E4 Group;

Take note that two of them are 501©(3) ministries.

AFAIK, e-Sword.net is the only site that distributes STEP resources gratis.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

http://e-sword-users...users/node/2973 is Doctor Dave T's original blog about obtaining QuickVerse at a low cost.
Whilst the URLs I list in my responses there do not go to the product I described, they are still useful starting points to find QuickVerse at a bargain price.

My recommendation would be to purchase QuickVerse Platinum edition when it is on sale. For the last three or four years, the sale has started in December, and ended when all copies have been sold.

jonathon

#3 hendo1986

hendo1986

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for that. Had a wee look at the lifeway website, is this just an online bible study tool, or do they offer a desktop application?And if so, is it free and where can one download it?

Many thanks,

Tony.

#4 hendo1986

hendo1986

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for that. Had a wee look at the lifeway website, is this just an online bible study tool, or do they offer a desktop application?And if so, is it free and where can one download it? Ive seen quickverse before, and ive got to addmit its looks very 'pretty' however why pay for what esword, the word, theophilos etc give you free for the sake of pretty graphics.

Many thanks,

Tony.

#5 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:04 PM

Had a wee look at the lifeway website, is this just an online bible study tool

Lifeway is Christian bookstore chain, that is/was part of the Southern Baptist Convention.

QuickVerse Platinum Edition is a desktop Bible Study program, with an MSRP of US$799.99. CBD (Christian Book Distributors) offers the 2011 edition (ISBN 9781572644816) for US$639.99, and the 2010 edition for US$599.99.(CBD Stock No: WW644710).

jonathon

#6 hendo1986

hendo1986

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

Lifeway is Christian bookstore chain, that is/was part of the Southern Baptist Convention.

QuickVerse Platinum Edition is a desktop Bible Study program, with an MSRP of US$799.99. CBD (Christian Book Distributors) offers the 2011 edition (ISBN 9781572644816) for US$639.99, and the 2010 edition for US$599.99.(CBD Stock No: WW644710).

jonathon

Hi Jonathon, what I meant was is this : http://bible.lifeway.com/crossmain.asp produced in a desktop format.
Ive seen Quickverse before, and i digress, why pay that amount of money for the same information you could have free gratis from platforms like e-sword, for the sake of pretty graphics.

Tony.

#7 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

what I meant was is this : http://bible.lifeway.com/crossmain.asp produced in a desktop format.

That is a different product, which offers roughly the same content as e-Sword Live!

IIve seen Quickverse before, and i digress, why pay that amount of money for the same information you could have free gratis from platforms like e-sword

Quickverse Platinum edition contains resources in STEP format that are not available in e-Sword format. These STEP libraries can be utilized by e-Sword.

jonathon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users