Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Bibles - The 2015 American Standard Version of the Holy Bible

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff D. Huddleston

Jeff D. Huddleston

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSayre, OK

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

File Name: The 2015 American Standard Version of the Holy Bible

File Submitter: Jeff D. Huddleston

File Submitted: 03 Nov 2014

File Category: Bibles

Author: Jeff D. Huddleston
e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
Suggest New Tag:: ASV, American Standard Version, Holy Bible, Nestle-Aland, ASV, Westcott-Hort, Tregelles, Bible, New Testament, 1901, NA-28, Huddleston

The 2015 American Standard Version of the Holy Bible (ASV-2015)
Edited by Jeff D. Huddleston. Based on the 1901 American Standard Version (ASV-1901).

Difference: In the New Testament (NT) the ASV-1901 follows an eclectic text based on the Westcott-Hort and Tregelles (WH-Trg.) texts; the ASV-2015 follows the Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece (28th Edition; NA28). Great effort has been made to not alter the base text in any way other than bringing the NT into conformity with the latest edition (28th) of the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament text. Where a variant was found between the WH-Trg. and NA28 I endeavored to use the translation provided by the ASV-1901 translators themselves, found in the ASV-1901 footnotes, when possible; when no translation was offered I did my best to translate according to the ASV-1901 translation philosophy and word usage.

THE AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION THE HOLY BIBLE CONTAINING THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS

TRANSLATED OUT OF THE ORIGINAL TONGUES BEING THE VERSION SET FORTH A.D. 1611

COMPARED WITH THE MOST ANCIENT AUTHORITIES AND REVISED A.D. 1881-1885.

Newly Edited by the American Revisory Committee A.D. 1901.

The 2015 American Standard Version of the Holy Bible, Edited by Jeff D. Huddleston A.D. 2015.

The ASV-2015 translation and e-Sword module are Public Domain works.

Concerning the ASV-1901 e-text underlying this version: This text was created from my best efforts to form an error free electronic text of this great translation. Great care and thousands of hours have been put into this work. You can download this ASV-1901 module for e-Sword here: http://www.biblesupp...ly-bible-1901/

Please visit and "Like" The American Standard Version of the Holy Bible Facebook page at the following address. Should you find any errors in the ASV-2015 or ASV-1901 please message me through this fb page: https://www.facebook...DisciplesBible

Click here to download this file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users