Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What else would you like to see for e-Sword?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Folks,

I never thought I'd say this but: I think most worthwhile public domain content is now in e-Sword format!

There are a few titles I'd like to see, like the Speaker's Bible, but the intensity of Greek and Hebrew puts this out of reach for me.

Question: Is there anything else, big or small, that you would like to see in e-Sword format? We're mostly restricted to public domain material, but even if you don't know what that is, suggest anyway.

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Hi Josh,

what about redoing the EW Bullinger's cmt
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

HINTS ON THE INTERPRETATION OF PROPHECY.--MOSES STUART

THE THEOLOGY OF THE OLD TESTAMENT.By The Late A. B. DAVIDSON (needs  fonts)

COMMENTARY ON THE EPISTLE TO THE HEBREWS.FRANZ DELITZSCH (includes Grk, Heb)

THE PROPHECIES OF DANIEL EXPOUNDED MILTON TERRY, S.T. D.

BIBLICAL APOCALYPTICS Milton Terry

BIBLICAL DOGMATICS Milton S. Terry, D.D. (needs  fonts)

BIBLICAL HERMENEUTICS A treatise on the Interpretation of the Old and New Testament MILTON S. TERRY (I want to tweat this some more) (includes Grk, Heb)

Michael

#4 biblelight

biblelight

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

Bible Knowledge Commentary by Walvoord & Zuck

Unger's Bible Dictionary

New Unger's Bible Dictionary http://ixoyc.net/data/Fathers/160.pdf

Student's Commentary on the Holy Scriptures (public domain) by George Williams

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

Bible Knowledge Commentary by Walvoord & Zuck

The Bible Knowledge Commentary is available from eStudySource at an incredible price of US$34.99. Therefore due this being a premium resource sold only by eStudySource, and it being under Copyright by the Dallas Theological Seminary, this resource cannot be hosted here and made to be free. With that said, there is nothing to stop you buying it.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 21 August 2014 - 05:40 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Josh H

Josh H

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLancaster, Ca

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

Hey Josh,

These classic works would be awesome to have and as far as I know aren't available in e-Sword as of yet...

AT Robertson..."The Glory of the Ministry", "Jesus and the Pharisees". He also has commentaries on Matthew, Mark, Philippians, James, etc.

Andrew Murray's Commentary on Hebrews "The Holiest of All"

Charles Bridges "The Christian Ministry"

Memoir and Remains of the Rev. Robert Murray McCheyne by Andrew Bonar

Life and Diary of Andrew Bonar

Thanks,

Josh

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Question: Is there anything else, big or small, that you would like to see in e-Sword format? We're mostly restricted to public domain material, but even if you don't know what that is, suggest anyway.

Hi Josh,

I don't know how you or others could go about getting the following for e-Sword, but I wonder if it could be worthwhile to see if somehow could be done.

• Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament
  • Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Unabridged Edition (affectionately known as the "Big Kittel").
  • BDAG

As to what the price of these would be if developed for e-Sword, I don't know. However, I think and believe that if they were not out of reach as far as pricing goes, many would buy them, including myself.

I don't know how much clout/influence you would have with the publishers as a result of this ministry in order to have these publications made available for e-Sword, but it would be good to see these them made available.

The reason why I want in particular the TDNT Unabridged, and the TWOT made available for e-Sword is because they are referenced to in Brown-Driver-Briggs’ Hebrew Definitions and in Thayer’s Greek Definitions. And so with that in mind, to have both the TWOT and the TDNT would go down really well.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 27 August 2014 - 02:46 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

the TDNT Unabridged isn't worth it unless it is cheap.  If one is doing a Master's thesis or PHD dissertation, commentary, then U would consult it. I think it is online to use. Its critical (liberal in its perspective).  And certainly not easy reading.  Do your own word studies and concult dictionaries is my advise.

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

the TDNT Unabridged isn't worth it unless it is cheap.  If one is doing a Master's thesis or PHD dissertation, commentary, then U would consult it. I think it is online to use. Its critical (liberal in its perspective).  And certainly not easy reading.  Do your own word studies and concult dictionaries is my advise.

Hi Mike,

I don't see how you come to the conclusion that  its "... liberal in its perspective," as I have and use the Unabridged edition. In fact I found that this dictionary is very fundamental in its theology.

As to the pricing of this dictionary, as I have said:

As to what the price of these would be if developed for e-Sword, I don't know. However, I think and believe that if they were not out of reach as far as pricing goes, many would buy them, including myself.

The reason being is that I am well aware of just how much it is, considering I've researched the costing.

Currently eStudySource has only two premium Dictionaries for e-Sword:

1. Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Dictionary (US $19.99)

2. Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words (US $14.99)

And from AMG Publisher, Complete Word Study Dictionary (US $40.00).

And that's it.

With regard to who does use e-Sword, you would be extremely surprised. There is quite a number of Bible College, University Theological Undergraduates and Theological Post Graduates, and Seminary students who use e-Sword. Moreover, there are a number of Bible Teachers and Theological professors and Pastors who use e-Sword. And if you look at the type of content that we have for dictionaries and commentaries on this site, and look at the download stats for them, you will notice that those which have a large amount of seminary level type content in them do have a high amount of downloads for them.

I do not think nor do I believe, that when it comes to theological studies it just comes down to those who are doing a B.A .,or B.Th., M.A., or M.Th, or those who are doing their PhD., or DTh. I believe and think that when it comes to the TDNT, TWOT, and the BDAG being available for e-Sword as premium resources, providing the pricing is within a reasonable range, i.e., from about US$70.00 to US$80.00, it would be well supported. For these kinds of resources I would not expect them to be "cheap," as in around the US$20.00 price range.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

Hi

about the kittle family , the father who did the old testament lexicon and the son who did the tdnt. Is it true that they hated the Jews and was connected to Hitler?
http://oneinmessiah....vilMenWoman.htm
What is the history or the story behind the authors of these lexicons?

Thanks

Edited by patchworkid, 27 August 2014 - 06:13 PM.

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users