Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

step & premium

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dianne Myers_32660

Dianne Myers_32660

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

hi. many thanx for your help (I read your answers to others). i love e-sword & have used it for years. i have two questions please:

1. some years ago I purchased quite a few CD's from Parsons (E4) believing that I could access them through e-sword/step. i never did figure out how to. I probably need to load them again into my latest computer (& maybe I need codes from Parsons..do you know?) but then what? Does step still exist for that? Can you help me with that please?

2. a number of years ago I purchased some premium e-sword items. Now I can't even remember which or how to re-access them. (My husband & I spent a lot of time as travelling missionaries without good computer or internet access. Then my husband got sick & later died. Now, some time later I find myself with more time to address these long overdue problems. I have updated e-sword many times & changed computers.) Can you help me please? Where do I start?

thanx for a great service, dianne

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

1 - The Step files should still work just fine in e-Sword. Just make a directory under your main e-Sword directory called "STEP", move your step files there, and click "tools" from the main e-Sword menu. Click "Step Reader", and you should be reading your Step files.

2 - Most of the premium e-Sword modules were sold by eStudySource, and they kept a record of all sales. Contact them at  https://estudysource...page/index.aspx

use their contact form, and you should be able to give them enough information to see what modules you bought and what the keys are for them. I hope this helps.

Edited by journey, 16 November 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

On the step files, you may have to rename the directories to know what the books are, it depends on how they are set up originally.  Copy them as suggested by journey and see if it works.

I had an old program that had step and the directories were named in giberish, I just opened the book, found out what it was and renamed the directory.  Then they showed up properly in the step reader.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users