Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

JFB - Un abridged commentary down for review - Complete & Uploaded

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble. in few verse references some of the text was mis placed. i have brought down the file to verify one more time. i will correct the errors and re upload again. all the downloaders please accept my apology. please re download the module when it is up again.

thanks

david

#12 Josh H

Josh H

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLancaster, Ca

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

I saw this in John 15:2, 4th paragraph down...

Obser e no the proced re of the great H sbandman to ard each Eer fr itless branch He "taketh aa" Observe now the procedure of the great Husbandman toward each.

#13 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

This commentary has disappeared off the download list - is there a problem with it?

Yes, read the first post in this thread.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#14 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

This commentary has disappeared off the download list - is there a problem with it?

See  the first entry of this thread for an explanation,

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#15 Arnie51

Arnie51

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

Thanks for all your amazing work on this classic commentary!

#16 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

David, there are some other areas to check from within e-Sword using Regular Expressions below. I know there are some false positives among these more especially in the NT, but it is a good guide in this module, for showing issues. The first regex will show the missed Strong's. The second/third example, should show OCR garbage that has not been removed?, In most cases you can see the corrected text is mostly following the garbage (might this have been hidden in the text you have? it seems strange to leave it in.)

[NO]T[ ]*\d
[ ][C-HJ-NP-Z][ ]|[ ][b-eg-z][ ]
[ ]th[ ]|[ ]ti[ ]|[ ]hi[ ]|[ ]hd[ ]|[ ]jt[ ]|[ ]fh[ ]

Jon

#17 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

Hi Jon,

thanks for the regex. i do not have knowledge on writing these expressions. i will use them. the Strongs that were left out are part of that garbage at some places.

anyway i am remaking the module from scratch. there are 10,000+ HTML files to be processed.

the garbage was part of the original text itself. there is nothing missing in these garbage texts. they are followed by right sentences. i left the garbage due to failure to identify them apart from normal text. your expressions are of great help now. i will try and let u know.

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

#18 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Hi Jon,

ran these expressions in MS word with wild cards on. but it could not identify the garbage.

#19 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

David,

MS Word wildcards does not appear to support alternation. LibreOffice does.

For MS Word you would need to just use the part between the pipe symbol in separate searches

so 

[ ][C-HJ-NP-Z][ ]|[ ][b-eg-z][ ]

would be two searches

[ ][C-HJ-NP-Z][ ]

and

[ ][b-eg-z][ ]
[ ]th[ ]|[ ]ti[ ]|[ ]hi[ ]|[ ]hd[ ]|[ ]jt[ ]|[ ]fh[ ]

Would be separate searches like this. You are just searching for "space" "th" "space" in the first example, etc

[ ]th[ ]
[ ]ti[ ]
[ ]hi[ ]
[ ]hd[ ]
[ ]jt[ ]
[ ]fh[ ]

Jon

#20 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

you are right jon. when i tried individually it is able to find the garbage. thanks. i will run these on all files and remove it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users