Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Importing Bible Translation into e-sword

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guarijio

Guarijio

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Hello,

I am brand new to this site, and so I am probably asking a question that has already been asked, but I am not sure where to find it.

For the last 14 years I have worked as a missionary in Mexico. 13 of those years have been with the Guarijio people. Currently we are working on a Bible translation into Guarijio, and I would like to incorporate our work into e-sword.

Though the vast majority of Guarijio have never even seen a computer (most still don't even have electricity, though that is finally changing), I do have a Guarijio co-worker who is helping in translation. I would like to incorporate our Guarijio translation into e-sword for his benefit (and those that will undoubtedly get computers in the years ahead). That way he can look up parallel passages that he is translating, and also have access to commentaries in Spanish, etc. We would also like to incorporate a dictionary of key terms in Guarijio, but I have no idea where to begin.

Is there some kind of a macro that I can run on Word 2010 that will put the proper tags in our translation without having to learn all the tags, and incorporate them one verse at a time?

Also, since Guarijio has been, until now, an unwritten language, we, from time-to-time, have to make spelling changes based on new information. Is there a way to make changes to spellings in our translation once it is in e-sword?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

#2 NTMexico

NTMexico

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

I don't know how to import from Word, but I might be able to help you import from the markup system that Bibledit and Paratext use. You might be interested in those programs for your editing. Might be worth it to convert to one of those.

#3 NTMexico

NTMexico

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

I know someone working in Huarijio. Probably in a few months we'll have that in TheWord format if that would be useful. Same language, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users