Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

This Server and Project, and its Continuity.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

A friend who is helping upload modules asked me: "I don't want to break your server, man. I'm afraid of using too much bandwidth too fast".

Let me clarify: You cannot use too much bandwidth. This server can consume 20 terabytes (20,000 gigs) of data per month (for you non-geeks, that's a LOOOOOOOOOOOT). More than we'll ever use, most likely. And we have 1 terabyte of hard drive storage space with backups performed nightly.

This server will be here for the long haul because I'm going to use this server for other development projects I have on my radar (totally unrelated to e-Sword). They will involve websites and content for a few of my undeveloped domain names: BiblePromises.com, TopicalBible.com, etc. These projects won't be visible from this BibleSupport.com website, but they can leverage this server's web hosting and bandwidth. Anyone needing anything hosted, even if its not an e-Sword module but is related to Christianity, please see me about this. I'll be happy to oblige.

Another question I've been asked by someone wanting to help is: What happens if you die, what happens to this server and this project? Well, I'm 35 with 2 year old twins and I do not expect to die. But I could get hit by a bus, right?? In the event of my untimely demise, a friend, the creator of Prayer Request dot com, will handle the technical administration of this project and server so its operation can continue. He is the one, non-denominational person I know with the technical skills to administer this project and continue its direction. Any forum or download moderators would continue as they have.

#2 2guntom

2guntom

Uploader

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

:D

Hosting?

Really?

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

Lol, you need something hosted? Hey before this site started, I heard people whining about hosting large files. :)

:D

Hosting?

Really?

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:21 AM

A friend who is helping upload modules asked me: "I don't want to break your server, man. I'm afraid of using too much bandwidth too fast".

Let me clarify: You cannot use too much bandwidth. This server can consume 20 terabytes (20,000 gigs) of data per month (for you non-geeks, that's a LOOOOOOOOOOOT). More than we'll ever use, most likely. And we have 1 terabyte of hard drive storage space with backups performed nightly.

This server will be here for the long haul because I'm going to use this server for other development projects I have on my radar (totally unrelated to e-Sword). They will involve websites and content for a few of my undeveloped domain names: BiblePromises.com, TopicalBible.com, etc. These projects won't be visible from this BibleSupport.com website, but they can leverage this server's web hosting and bandwidth. Anyone needing anything hosted, even if its not an e-Sword module but is related to Christianity, please see me about this. I'll be happy to oblige.

Another question I've been asked by someone wanting to help is: What happens if you die, what happens to this server and this project? Well, I'm 35 with 2 year old twins and I do not expect to die. But I could get hit by a bus, right?? In the event of my untimely demise, a friend, the creator of Prayer Request dot com, will handle the technical administration of this project and server so its operation can continue. He is the one, non-denominational person I know with the technical skills to administer this project and continue its direction. Any forum or download moderators would continue as they have.

Well Josh,
All I can say about that is... great job mate, and thanks a heap for the time and effort you put into it. I'll be looking forward to seeing how far this site goes.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#5 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

[/quote]

thanks for standing in the gap.....my friend.....thank you from all of us !!!!

#6 2guntom

2guntom

Uploader

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

Lol, you need something hosted? Hey before this site started, I heard people whining about hosting large files. :)

Well, I do have a website. My current plan is something like $5.95/mo for 50Meg and I don't remember my bandwidth limitations...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users