Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

BIBLE Support on Social Networking Sites

17 replies to this topic

#1 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

I am writing this with the assumption that it is not present already because i have not seen any such links on this website so far.
  • How it will be if there is an account for BIBLE Support on social networking sites?
  • can it bring more visibility to the Christians operating in these sites.
i came across some believers who are Christians for many years but never heard of e-Sword. But all of them has got accounts in multiple social networking sites. Thinking it may sometime by GOD's grace draw these kind of people to our page on that social network.

Views Please.....

GOD Bless our Ministry
david

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

#2 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hi David. Blessings to you my friend. :)

You asked for views and thoughts about your idea, so here are my thoughts. Perhaps, just perhaps, it would be best to allow God to promote eSword? I have been involved with several ministries in the past who have self-promoted themselves and I cannot ever say that I walked away feeling really good about the outcome. That is even when it appeared the outcome was good.

I guess I really want to say is that if BibleSupport is God's work, then it's His business to promote and lift it up. I think, perhaps, that with our concentration should be towards excellence of quality modules and prayer that God would be glorified with the work of our hands, this will serve God's purpose best. Just a thought.

Scripture? "The LORD lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground." - Psalm 147:6 A recurring and common theme throughout both the old and new testament. Mary's song? Yes, she sang the same theme. The Elders around the throne?

For promotion cometh neither from the east,
nor from the west, nor from the south.
But God is the judge: he putteth down one,
and setteth up another. - Psalms 75:6-7

Edited by LarryG, 06 September 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

I am writing this with the assumption that it is not present already because i have not seen any such links on this website so far.

• How it will be if there is an account for BIBLE Support on social networking sites?
  • can it bring more visibility to the Christians operating in these sites.
i came across some believers who are Christians for many years but never heard of e-Sword. But all of them has got accounts in multiple social networking sites. Thinking it may sometime by GOD's grace draw these kind of people to our page on that social network.

Views Please.....

GOD Bless our Ministry
david

Hi David,
Firstly let me say this, BibleSupport is a ministry. It is also a repository for modules and resources for both e-Sword and MySword of which can be uploaded and downloaded by members. Moreover, BibleSupport is a support and help forum for e-Sword and MySword users. But it doesn't stop there, it is of itself a social networking site for e-Sword and MySword users.

In the developing of this website, Josh Bond has been extremely generous in giving members an outlet in where they can share their views, thoughts and beliefs on the Blog section. Every member can post his/her own blog if he or she wishes to. Of coarse there are rules around what can and cannot be posted, and that really goes without saying. Not only that, members can send messages to each other, and also chat with each other.

If you look at the membership of this site, I guess one could say that BibleSupport is really out there in the community, and I think with everyone who gives away e-Sword, and uses the ESIM program to run the e-Sword installation (and install the official resources from those CDs/DVDs), and when it comes to exiting the Menu program afterward, the BibleSupport website can be accessed from it. Not only can BibleSupport can be accessed from the ESIM program, but it is also advertised on the e-Sword PowerPoint presentation. So the more that is shown to lots of people, the more this website gets known.

Dr Dave T (affectionately known as DDT) has a link to BibleSupport on his website. That said, I don't know if any other pastors who are members of this board have links to this site on their website, but I imagine that they possibly do. This site, as with e-Sword, is definitely right out there in more ways than one, and in more ways than one can poke a stick at.

If you look near the bottom of this page you will notice who you can share it with, and they are:
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
So, for social networking, I reckon its really right out there.

Blessings,
Posted Image

Edited by APsit190, 07 September 2012 - 08:05 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

Dr Dave T (affectionately known as DDT) has a link to BibleSupport on his website. That said, I don't know if any other pastors who are members of this board have links to this site on their website

i think this is good option. if the members who are having accounts in social networking sites post a link to this site on their pages it brings more visibility.

#5 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

A Facebook page for BibleSupport.com would not be a terrible idea. It could be nothing more than a post each time that a new module is uploaded along with a link to it. Then each person who wants to can "like" BibleSupport.com and without saying a word, they would spread the word about it every time the "like" a post.

The problem with this is that someone would have to actually do the posting. And I may be mistaken, but I think Josh is wanting to have a life. So unless there is someone he trusts to do it, or he knows some way of auto-posting on Facebook, it might be more of a time-consuming endeavor than he's interested in pursuing.

-Brad

#6 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

The problem with this is that someone would have to actually do the posting.

if it has to be posted manually then better not to have that page. that must be done automatically.

#7 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

Hello Brothers, This is what I was speaking of when saying that perhaps it's best if God should promote this resource:

http://goulablogger....ia-for-e-sword/

This brother, Chuck Grantham is a respected blogger and other scholars and ministers read his blog. Promotion of a ministry, when God does it, is like a weaver that gathers threads from this spool and from that spool. Not every thread is used, just the ones he considers useful. Oh well, I just wanted to share this blog link with you. Blessings.

Edited by LarryG, 08 September 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#8 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

i came across some believers who are Christians for many years but never heard of e-Sword. But all of them has got accounts in multiple social networking sites.

What is being described is a marketing issue related to e-Sword.

I think the better marketing approach for e-Sword, and the various resource developers, would be track the numerous, currently existing pages for e-Sword, on the innumerable social networking sites out there, and keep them updated with e-Sword releases, and new resources.

The last time I counted, there were e-Sword pages on 250 Social Networking sites, with somewhere between three and ten pages per social networking site.

jonathon

#9 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

250 Social Networking sites? I can name four...

#10 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

250 Social Networking sites?

That is the number of sites I've joined, and found at least one page dedicated to e-Sword.

I can name four...

Those that track the Social Networking world within the Internet, claim that there are more than 10,000 independently run such sites. I haven't had the time, patience, or inclination to join all of those sites, and then search for e-Sword related content.
  • Google Plus;
  • Orkut;
  • FaceBook;
  • Twitter;
  • Linked-In;
  • MySpace;
  • DeviantArt;
  • LiveJournal;
  • Tagged;
  • Ning;
  • Meetup;
  • Badoo;