Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Bible module causing problems in parallel view?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

Received an email today that one of the Bible modules that I created (the Modern Literal Version) works just fine until you use the "parallel" feature. According to the emailer, when the MLV is selected, only the first two verses of each chapter will show up. When the MLV is removed, all the verses are visible per chapter. I tested this personally, and discovered the same issue.

The same issue exists with the Wikipedia Bible Project, the Testimony of Yeshua (both with and without notes). One of these was made with T3, the others with T4. Other Bibles I've created with T3 and T4 work just fine in parallel view, so I am lost as to an explanation.

Any idea what might cause this?

Edited by Bradley S. Cobb, 16 May 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#2 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi Bradley

According to the emailer, when the MLV is selected, only the first two verses of each chapter will show up. When the MLV is removed, all the verses are visible per chapter. I tested this personally, and discovered the same issue.

I have downloaded (just now) both the MLV and ToY+, and am not having this problem. Can you please point me to the chapters where this is happening?

Regards,

Carlos

#3 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

John 6-20 all has that happening on mine.

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

John 6-20 all has that happening on mine.

Hey,

You made MLV with T4 and you did not have Use Old RTF Code selected. So, T4 used the "new" more "verbose" (wordy) way of creating the RTF. It appears this is causing problems in e-Sword Bible reader, despite the fact that e-Sword uses the same RTF control that generated the content. The Fix is to recompile the module making sure Old RTF Code is selected in T4.

Another good reason to use Old RTF Code is because it will save about 50% to the size of a file! Modern Literal was 8 megs or so? Now it's 3 megs. The 3 meg file is generated by Brent's RTF construction. The 8 meg version on the site was created with the new RTF control! This new RTF control generates nasty RTF code, but that's another story. If you have hyperlinks or images in the module, you must use the new RTF method (so Use Old RTF Code would NOT be checked).

I recompiled the module, see attached. When you use it in a parallel view with another Bible, it looks fine. If you use it in parallel view with another T4 "verbose" generated Bible then, problems will likely result again.
Attached File  mlv-recompiled.zip   615.23K   6 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users