Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Download to Esword X??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LydiaJayne

LydiaJayne

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 02:45 PM

Hello All! I was so excited to find this great resource, but I can't seem to get any of these downloads to open in my EswordX on my mac? How does this work? Thanks so much for your help!

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 11:18 AM

Hello All! I was so excited to find this great resource, but I can't seem to get any of these downloads to open in my EswordX on my mac? How does this work? Thanks so much for your help!

You have to make sure to download the right module file type for use with Apple/Mac devices. The module file format for use with Apple/Mac devices have extensions that end in the letter "i" such as bbli for bibles, cmti for commentaries, dcti for dictionaries. If you download modules with file extensions that end in the letter "x" those are for use with the Windows PC version of e-Sword and will not open in the Apple/Mac versions

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:06 PM

LydiaJayne, Please download and read the 2 page instructions How To Import Resources into e-Sword X version 1.0 

This was submitted by modulist to BibleSupport.com Apr 11, 2023 and last updated Apr 12 2023.

How to find this file. Notice that there is a "Search..." box, near the top right of the Bible Support web page. Enter the name of this topic there, How To Import Resources into e-Sword X, and in the Search section: options inside the right side of the search box, browse down to select the option e-Sword Downloads.
You will discover the entry in Bible Support. Select that entry.

There is one download file, [1] How To Import Resources into e-Sword X.pdf
Number of pages: 2
Date created 2023-04-12 04:58 Modified: 2023-04-12 04:58.

Instructions: Download this file to your device. Any modern browser will be able to read this document.
This is a PDF giving the details of how to install resources into e-Sword X on the Mac, complete with pictures. Spoiler alert: it's very simple.
Link: here

The modules on biblesupport.com that have the file type, that is the letters after the period in the filename, with the last letter being the character "i" will be able to load to e-Sword X for the Mac. In contrast, all modules with the last letter being the character "x" were designed for the PC or laptop running the Microsoft Windows Operating system, and these modules will not be able to load into your e-Sword X on the Mac.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 21 August 2023 - 11:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users