Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

HD or iPad Modules to PC

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 othniel

othniel

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 08:51 AM

Is it possible to convert Ipad files for esword to pc? I know how to go the other way pc to iPad but I can not figure out how to get my topic file TOPI to convert to TOPX. Is this possible?

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 09:07 AM

All the newer editions of e-Sword for PC supporting more the newer apple modules than the old format modules with a X.

So if you use e-Sword edition 11 until e-Sword 13 is there no reason to convert TOPI to TOPX.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 11 July 2023 - 05:17 PM

Is it possible to convert Ipad files for esword to pc? I know how to go the other way pc to iPad but I can not figure out how to get my topic file TOPI to convert to TOPX. Is this possible?

All the newer editions of e-Sword for PC supporting more the newer apple modules than the old format modules with a X.

So if you use e-Sword edition 11 until e-Sword 13 is there no reason to convert TOPI to TOPX.

To add to Katoog's reply: Moreover, there are no exclusive resources made for e-Sword LT, HT and X, or Android

This also may help you:

If You buy a resource, i.e., for an iOS/Android device, and you own a Windows device, and have e-Sword on that; you can download that same resource and do not have to pay for that. In fact even if you own an Android device and bought a resource for that, and happen to also (God forbid) an iOS device, the same principle applies, you don't have to pay for it again.

e-Sword runs on 4 platforms:

1. Windows: e-Sword (bblx, cmtx, devx, etc)
  2. iOS: e-Sword LT (iPhone), e-Sword HT (iPad) which the resource files end with an i.
  3. Mac: e-Sword X shares the same resource extension with e-Sword LT and HT.
  4. Android: e-Sword Android. Shares the same resource extension with e-Sword for iOS devices.

Note:

e-Sword X, LT, and HT is separate purchase for each device. Are version updates free?

e-Sword Android will run on both phone and tablet, and so is a single purchase. Version updates are free.

Trust you find this information helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 11 July 2023 - 05:18 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 08:49 PM

If you have a .topi file, you can run it as-is on the latest versions of e-Sword for Windows PC as Katoog said above.  If you feel compelled to get the file extension properly identified, then you can also just rename a copy of the file from .topi to .topx and I bet you that it will run fine on the latest versions of e-Sword for Windows PC.

ElderB

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 12:31 AM

Jon,

User files are unique to the operating system as their editors and capabilities are also unique.  Android is HTML, and Apple is basically HTML and will certainly accept it as that is how the converter supplies it from the PC side.  To make the PC e-Sword store notes in HTML is to deprive the editor of some of its capabilities, but maybe that wouldn't affect too many users as HTML has gotten much better than when e-Sword was first created 23 years ago!  RTF is horrible, but it was all we had back then.

In His service,

Rick Meyers

#6 sandimtnhi

sandimtnhi

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2023 - 05:12 PM

If you have a .topi file, you can run it as-is on the latest versions of e-Sword for Windows PC as Katoog said above.  If you feel compelled to get the file extension properly identified, then you can also just rename a copy of the file from .topi to .topx and I bet you that it will run fine on the latest versions of e-Sword for Windows PC.

ElderB

I've been trying to move my topic and study notes from my iPad to my PC (e-Sword 13.0.0). I see there is a program to convert these from PC to iPad, but not the other way around. I tried, as mentioned above, simply renaming the TOPI to TOPX and NOTI to NOTX, but receive an "Error opening Topic Notes database" message when I open e-Sword on my PC and both the Topic and Study Notes are empty. 

I also see above, where Katoog says:
“All the newer editions of e-Sword for PC supporting more the newer apple modules than the old format modules with a X. So if you use e-Sword edition 11 until e-Sword 13 is there no reason to convert TOPI to TOPX.”

I’m running e-Sword 13 on my PC, so according to this, there is no reason to find a way to convert the TOPI file from my iPad to TOPX. (I’m assuming that also means I don’t need to convert the NOTI TO NOTX either.)  ElderB says we should be able to just use the TOPI file and "run it as-is on the latest version of e-Sword for Windows PC."

What does “running it as is” mean exactly? If I don’t have to convert the files to get them to work on my PC, what exactly do I do to get them to show up? I’ve tried various things, such as deleting the TOPX and NOTX files in my documents/e-sword folder and replacing them with the TOPI AND NOTI files, but when I open e-Sword, it just creates a new TOPX and NOTX file in the folder and runs those, which of course are empty databases.

Any additional details for how to get e-Sword for Windows to read the TOPI AND NOTI files I’ve transferred from my iPad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 July 2023 - 08:03 PM

With regard to the user Note file types used in e-Sword PC; whether they are:

• Topic Notes
  • Study Notes
  • Journal Notes

The default file format is rtf, and not HTML.

As to the Note Editors being able to read topi, noti, jnli file types, I'm not certain. But, and I mean, But any editing done in in either Note Editors will be in rtf code. See Screenshot below.

e-Sword 13.00 Topic Note File Open in SQLite Database Browser

Attached File  SQLite Browser.jpg   97.47K   14 downloads

Note that in the Record (Cell) Editor the RTF code shown in the entry. When using any of the Note Editors, the RTF code is by default "automatically" entered, or embedded into the topx, notx, and jnlx file types.

Note:

All third party, i.e., user created resource files, can be edited in SQLite (spoken like, "Seek You Lite") Browser. First Party, i.e., those created by Rick Meyers and his gang (official resources) have been secured (blobbed out), and cannot be edited.

Trust you find this Helpful and informative.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 22 July 2023 - 08:07 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 James L

James L

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 09:25 AM

I am having the same problem, but with an e-Sword v7 dataset.

How do I open the NOTI and TOPI files in SQL.  I am not a developer so the screenshot you provided loos useful at getting to my notes, but I do not have SQLite Tools?

#9 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 10:18 AM

I am having the same problem, but with an e-Sword v7 dataset.

How do I open the NOTI and TOPI files in SQL.  I am not a developer so the screenshot you provided loos useful at getting to my notes, but I do not have SQLite Tools?

You can open NOTI and TOPI files in e-Sword Tooltip NT which is the module creation tool for e-Sword:

http://www.biblesupp...ws-environment/

#10 James L

James L

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 08:15 PM

Thank you for the Tool, but I get the following error when I install and run it.

When I installed, it was unable to register "tx4ole28.ocx".

I bypassed (not recommended) and now get the following.

Report the following:
⎕WI CREATION ERROR: Class not registered "TIS.TX.TextControl.28"
VerseList2[5]         a←form ⎕wi '.txVL.Create' TXVersion
                             ^

VerseList2[5] *
TxCtrl[39]
Start[87]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users