Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What happened to the WEBA bible?

4 replies to this topic

#1 John832

John832

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 10:58 PM

I have the WEBA bible installed on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook air, but can't find it in the downloads anymore. Concerning since I have quite a few notes. Does anybody know why its gone, or where I can download a copy for my e-Sword Bible library?

Edited by John832, 25 May 2023 - 10:59 PM.

#2 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:01 AM

The World English Bible, web.bblx and weba.bblx modules.

Both these are downloaded from e-Sword, at the same time, and are available on the option: Download, Bibles, English, Free option, when you select the entry to WEB World English Bible. I suggest that you use File Explorer, and browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword and append the letters ".old" to the existing enries for the web.bblx. Then restart e-Sword, and the entry is not loaded. Then it is possible to reaccess the entry on the e-Sword Module Downloads option.

SUMMARY: Both the web.bblx and the weba.bblx are provided as official download options by Rick Meyers, for e-Sword for the PC. 

I have the WEBA bible installed on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook air, but can't find it in the downloads anymore. Concerning since I have quite a few notes. Does anybody know why its gone, or where I can download a copy for my e-Sword Bible library?

I hope you come right. However, when the weba.bblx is re-loaded, this might not reactivate your notes. If your notes are missing. It depends on where you actually saved your notes, and the name of the editor file that you were using to save our notes, and where exactly you saved those editor notes files. 

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 May 2023 - 08:26 AM

Sorry I do not have apple devices, and do not know the internal links to where the files are loaded on those devices. Try to uninstall, and then re-install. Otherwise send a query to the e-Sword developers, under control of Rick Meyers, at his website https://www.e-sword.net  If you click the LINKS option, then you can select the type of e-Sword you are interested in, and from the web page you land on, then you can select the direct option to contact the relevant CONTACT option. 

From Olaf Bacon 2023-05-26.

#4 John832

John832

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 06:37 PM

Hey Thanks Olaf Bacon! You got me to thinking and I found the location of the file so I could back it up the file. Bless you for your efforts my brother!

/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Containers/net.e-sword.e-Sword-X/Data/Library/Application Support/weba.bbli

Still I'm wondering why it was removed from the official downloads section. I like to read it along side KJVA and I also have a print copy of the LSVA (Literal Standard Version) which is as far as I can tell almost the same. 

• 2 Esdras 7 has so many good verses about the age to come, just was blown away re-reading it again last night!

I just want to give a warm thanks to Rick Meyers, and express my true appreciation for e-Sword and this community. It may not be said enough how awesome this program is especially for the Mac platform!  e-Sword has really changed how I can keep track of my studies, and I really appreciate it the affordability compared to the other bible software options.

Keep it up Team Jesus!

Much Love to All!

Edited by John832, 26 May 2023 - 06:37 PM.

#5 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 May 2023 - 11:31 PM

@John832, Let me explain that again. I had previously written: 
"The World English Bible, web.bblx and weba.bblx modules.
Both these are downloaded from e-Sword, at the same time, and are available on the option: Download, Bibles, English, Free option, when you select the entry to WEB World English Bible."

When you load the World English Bible with the Caption, WEB, from e-Sword, using the built-in e-Sword Module Downloader, then there will be TWO modules that download at the same time, one after the other, both activated and provided by Rick Meyers on the same selection. To save space, Rick Meyers did not indicate these two modules on separate entries in the list of available entries that can be displayed.

This is why it is tricky to try to find the original source. I have started to make notes for myself, as to where I find e-Sword resources, especially when there is a second download that gets loaded at the same time.

And for your response to Rick Meyers, the developer of e-Sword, please write that to him on his own website. https://www.e-sword.net and select the CONTACT option. Rick Meyers is unlikely to see any of the comments that have been entered on the BibleSupport.com web site, which is a community based forum in which answers are provided by self-taught volunteers. Thank you again for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 26 May 2023 - 11:35 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users