Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Planning On Converting PDF Bible into e-Sword using Tooltip NT

2 replies to this topic

#1 RTB

RTB

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:54 AM

Gooday!,

There is a bible translation called the Last Generation Version (LGV) which has been written by Tim Warner which I like and I know a number of Christians like his stance on using the terms Messiah, Master, Breath (for spirit). 

It is all in PDF's which I can convert to any text format normally would be word with notes on many entries. I am planning on creating two e-Sword bible versions one with the notes and one without so scripture texts can be copied and compared a lot easier with other bible translations in e-sword. 

Here is an example of what is in the WORD doc for 2 Cor

God’s great Deliverance at Ephesus

3 Blessed2 the God and Father of our Master Jesus Anointed,3 the Father of compassions and God of all consolation, 4 the one consoling us over all our affliction [in order] to empower us to console those in every affliction through the consolation with which we ourselves are consoled under God. 5 Since just as the sufferings of the Anointed are multiplying unto us, thus also our consolation is multiplying through the Anointed. 6 Yet whether we are afflicted, [it is] for your consolation and deliverance (which is effective in endurance of the same sufferings which we are experiencing). Whether we are consoled, [it is] for your consolation and deliverance.

These are the note entries currently at the end of the page
2 See note on Eph. 1:3.
3 The New Testament frequently refers to God as both the “Father” and the “God” of Jesus, showing clearly the Son’s subordinate position. This statement appears at the beginning of almost all of Paul’s letters, yet was borrowed from Jesus Himself (John 20:17).

1. Could someone suggest the best way to import the text into Tooltip NT so I can use the notes without having to input manually and how what functionality should I use so anyone using LGV can click on the number and see Tim's comments, notes, commentary.
2. Does anyone know a powerful text editor that could be used to convert the above text into the required TOOLTIP NT format genesis 1:1 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I have linux mint running as well as windows so can use either one.
3.  Any general tips welcome as I know I have a high learning curve.
4. Has anyone created a TOOLTIP NT Video showing creating a bible module that I could watch.

The  TOOL Tip NT manual looks great and has lots of details which I am sure I will be using a lot.

Does anyone have an example text file of a bible that was imported into e-sword using TOOLTIP so I can get a feel how you put sub headings in and handle other special things?

Thanks to all in advance
Blessings Raymond  

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 10:27 AM

There is no import function in Tooltip NT, however you should convert the pdf file into and rtf file as Tooltip can read and access rtf files easily 

As for creating a bible module, the given book order for the LGV bible will not work in e-Sword as e-Sword simply lists the NT books in the common order as found in most English bibles.

So the books are ordered as follows:

Matthew

Mark

Luke

John

Acts (of the Apostles)

Romans

1 Corinthians

2 Corinthians

Galatians

Ephesians

Philippians

Colossians

1 Thessalonians

2 Thessalonians

1 Timothy

2 Timothy

Titus

Philemon

Hebrews

James

1 Peter

2 Peter

1 John

2 John

3 John

Jude

Revelation

The LGV uses paragraph format for the verses of each bible book which will also not work in e-Sword as e-Sword uses a 1 verse per line format Each paragraph will need to be manually divided into individual lines in Tooltip NT in order to properally create module. Luckily Tooltip NT has a Fill in Tool that you can use to add the Book and Chapter numbers before each verse. 

Using the paragraph you provided:

3 Blessed2 the God and Father of our Master Jesus Anointed,3 the Father of compassions and God of all consolation, 4 the one consoling us over all our affliction [in order] to empower us to console those in every affliction through the consolation with which we ourselves are consoled under God. 5 Since just as the sufferings of the Anointed are multiplying unto us, thus also our consolation is multiplying through the Anointed. 6 Yet whether we are afflicted, [it is] for your consolation and deliverance (which is effective in endurance of the same sufferings which we are experiencing). Whether we are consoled, [it is] for your consolation and deliverance.

You simply need to press enter at the end of each verse to create the required verse line as follows:

3 Blessed2 the God and Father of our Master Jesus Anointed,3 the Father of compassions and God of all consolation,

4 the one consoling us over all our affliction [in order] to empower us to console those in every affliction through the consolation with which we ourselves are consoled under God.

5 Since just as the sufferings of the Anointed are multiplying unto us, thus also our consolation is multiplying through the Anointed.

6 Yet whether we are afflicted, [it is] for your consolation and deliverance (which is effective in endurance of the same sufferings which we are experiencing). Whether we are consoled, [it is] for your consolation and deliverance.

You will not need to include the footnote numbers in the bible verses as you can create a commentary module with the notes and cross references set up by verse.  You can make the commentary module after you make the bible module

#3 RTB

RTB

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 03:57 AM

Thanks!

That helps enormously.

I can now see how I can get this done with the least amount of work.

I will start with a small book an see how that goes.

Blessings

Raymond

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users