Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E Sword No internet connection on Wine Arch Linux

3 replies to this topic

#1 doonoo

doonoo

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 10:42 AM

When I install E sword on linux (even theWord doesn't work), it installs fine, but no connection to install modules. Anyone have solution?

#2 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 03:05 PM

When I install E sword on linux (even theWord doesn't work), it installs fine, but no connection to install modules. Anyone have solution?

I use PlayOnLinux to install e-Sword; e-Sword 11.2.2 works on internet; e-Sword 12 does not work on internet.

Also, have you installed all necessary dependencies in wine:

mfc42.dll , msls31 , msxml3 . msxml6 , vb6run , vcrun6 , wsh57 , corefonts

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 23 May 2023 - 03:58 PM

Due to the fact that e-Sword is a program designed for the Windows operating system, running it on foreign operating systems via WINE and etc does cause some technical conflicts and difficulties. Moreover because there are an X amount Linux distros floating around, what may function reasonably well on one distro, could possibly crap out on another distro. Not only that, but also the chances that Rick Meyers will develop an e-Sword edition for Linux is less than 0%; mainly because of the X amount of distros running around. It gets all confusing. What may work on one, won't work on others, and therein we have a problem.

So, my suggestion to overcome your issues is that you get a Windows machine, such as like a Laptop, and use it for e-Sword, and other Windows based software you may wish to use, and keep your Linux Desktop PC for whatever you need it for your Linux stuff. At least that way you avoid those difficulties you are encountering.

Now, I am aware that I may have egregiously committed blasphemy by what I said. But the reality is, trying to do what you want to do will never work out 100% all the time. Sorry to give you that bad news. Facts can be a real pain in the thingy. It is what it is! (whatever that means).

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 23 May 2023 - 04:01 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 04:53 PM

You might want to consider a program called Crossover Linux from Codeweavers, they also make Crossover Mac. According to the Codeweavers website, Crossover Linux works with many different Linux Distros:

https://www.codeweav...crossover#linux

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users