Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Copying Resources

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Oneman

Oneman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 08:54 PM

I use Windows on one computer and Mac on another. Both have e-Sword installed. Now when I had gotten a new Windows computer, I was able to copy my resources (there's lots including graphics) directly into the Programs file. It is not quite as easy in the MacBook and I am wondering if someone knows how to go about copying resources into the "program" file? I have a substantial number of maps, etc. I'd like to have available on that computer. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Oneman, 10 April 2023 - 08:55 PM.

#2 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 11 April 2023 - 07:14 AM

Oneman,
Please read the replies provided at: 
http://www.biblesupport.com/topic/10239-my-esword-wont-show-grahpic-viewer-resources/

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 April 2023 - 10:58 AM

I use Windows on one computer and Mac on another. Both have e-Sword installed. Now when I had gotten a new Windows computer, I was able to copy my resources (there's lots including graphics) directly into the Programs file. It is not quite as easy in the MacBook and I am wondering if someone knows how to go about copying resources into the "program" file? I have a substantial number of maps, etc. I'd like to have available on that computer. Thanks for your help.

The best method is to upload the files to iCloud from the Windows PC and then import them to e-SwordX on the MacBook. You will need to make sure the modules from the Windows PC are in the correct format for eSwordX. This method will also work for the Android, iPad and iPhone versions of e-Sword.

#4 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 April 2023 - 03:23 PM

To import a single file into e-Sword, all you have to do is double-click the file on the Mac and it will automatically open and import into e-Sword.

However, to import multiple files, which I assume is what you want to do, with e-Sword X open, go to the menu item File>Resources>Import... A typical open file dialog will appear in which you can choose all the files you want to import. After choosing the files to import, click the "Open" button in said dialog, all of the files you have chosen will be moved into the proper location and will show up immediately in e-Sword.

Just for interest sake, the actual folder where installed e-Sword resources are kept on the Mac is: ~/Library/Containers/net.e-sword.e-Sword-X/Data/Library/Application Support. Files can be manually moved to this folder, but it is a lot easier to use the methods I have mentioned above.

#5 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 April 2023 - 05:05 PM

A lot of people seem to get confused about copying resources to e-Sword for the Mac. I think the problem is that the method is different between Windows and Mac. So, I have uploaded a brief instructional PDF giving all the details. It can be found here:

http://www.biblesupp...into-e-sword-x/

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 11:00 AM

The original poster was asking about transfering files from e-Sword for Windows on a PC to e-Sword X on Mac. As I said the easiest way to move the files is by using a cloud drive such as iCloud or Google Drive. You upload the files from the PC and then download them onto the Mac, after the downloading is complete then they files can be imported into e-SwordX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users