Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Jewish Encyclopedia update 03/26/23

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 08:11 PM

Sorry for your loss.

I hope the motherboard issue is an affordable fix for you

i use mainly laptops which are so integrated, that its often not worth replacing boards..

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 July 2023 - 07:02 AM

Sorry for your loss.

I hope the motherboard issue is an affordable fix for you

i use mainly laptops which are so integrated, that its often not worth replacing boards..

I have a custom built Desktop PC, and prefer to use that rather than a laptop, and do almost all of my work on it.

That said, the core reason I use a Desktop PC, is that I can add extra Components to it, as with Laptops, I just can't do that. Things like adding more RAM, having multiple Hard Drives, as in having 3 3TB (as in Terabytes)   HDDs, and like having my CPU liquid cooled, and etc. Mate, its just fantastic. That said, I'm not adverse to using a Laptop due to its portability. Which, by the way, I do have one of them, and use it when I go away for for a trip or visit family and/or friends. But when I'm at home, it gathers dust more than anything else. :D Makes me wonder at times why I bought it.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 27 July 2023 - 07:02 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#13 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 07:33 AM

I understand
I have a laptop with external hard drives.

They last 5-10 years, then i buy a anothrt for 500 and usually pull the hard drive to copy of data.

While losing a motherboard is bad , it's worse for me to lose a hard drive

#14 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 July 2023 - 12:58 PM

While losing a motherboard is bad , it's worse for me to lose a hard drive

On that note, I'd have to totally agree.

I Had a hardrive that went bad on me, and thankfully it was my main hardrive (C:). All my data (work) files I keep on a separate drive, and then on top of that I have a backup drive which is a USB Pen Drive.

To everyone else:

Being an IT geek/programmer (retired), content creator, e-Sword fanatic, and etc., one of the things I found that is important, is that to have all your data files, which also includes your e-Sword data files backed up. Now, with what happened to Higgsy with his Mother (main) board having had a catastrophic failure, should be an object lesson to every one of us, which is, this is something that can happen to you. So, take heed and learn from what happened to Higgsy, and do something like back everything you hold both important and precious up on some type of storage media.

So, bearing this in mind, allow me to say this. If you don't backup your data files on some form of removable media, i.e., Pen drive, Portable Hard or Solid State Drive, CD or DVD and  etc., then the only I can say about you, is that you're a fool and an idiot. That's not insulting you; that's being honest and truthful to you, and spoken with love. That last one might be a bit hard to swallow, but its true. You see, when something catastrophic happens on your Computer, and you lose all your data files, then that is totally on yourself. You have only yourself to blame because you didn't do a backup of your data.

OK, I think you all get it, and do regular backups and etc. And I'm certain that I'll get the biggerest  Amen.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

X (formerly Twitter)

#15 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 28 July 2023 - 01:51 AM

To add to this backup of files. Always save one copy of your data at an off-site location. Backups saved at the same location will all be lost when your house burns to the ground etc

#16 Jheokorea

Jheokorea

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 01:56 AM

I suggest that you work only on the A-section (or some other section) and release it.  Someone else can work on letter B or C, etc.  Then, when all the letters are done, then somebody can combine all the modules into one giant module.

#17 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 11:28 AM

I suggest that you work only on the A-section (or some other section) and release it.  Someone else can work on letter B or C, etc.  Then, when all the letters are done, then somebody can combine all the modules into one giant module.

I have resumed work on the project after successfully recovering my project files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users