Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Estudysource.com NKJV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DKHagans

DKHagans

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 08:25 PM

Hello,

I have the NKJV from Estudysource.com, paid for and downloaded, I have been hunting for two days for an electronic NKJV of 1982 vintage with the Triquera on it.

By electronic I mean one that is either for E-sword or any other bible app that I can highlight and copy a verse here and there.

I have the NKJV for E-Sword, and Quick Verse 8 but it is a later version.

I can buy one on e-bay in book form of that vintage with the Triquera on it and it will be the right one.

The difference is this, the real 1982 version Zac 13:6 says wounds in hands, all the others say wounds between your arms, the later I have, even downloaded every NKJV book from the Play-store in my android emulator, all of them are the later with wounds between your arms.

it is like once they update something they make it nigh impossible to find the previous version after the update.

Can anyone help, I am will to buy the thing, I am not asking for something for free, I am just exasperated that I cannot find what I want.

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 01:34 AM

Can you not change the tab name from NKJV to NKJ82 or NKJ84?

http://www.biblesupp...ibrary-manager/

OR with DB Browser for SQLite

Edited by Katoog, 01 March 2022 - 01:35 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 DKHagans

DKHagans

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 04:27 PM

Thank you for answering,

It is not an issue of naming convention, I have the E-sword tab renamer and have used it successfully.

I have the latest versions of the New King James Bible both in E-sword and in Quick Verse 8.

I am trying to find an actual electronic1982 NJKV where the reading from Zac 13:6 says hands like the KJV

KJV Zec 13:6  And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. 

The 1982 NKJV reads almost exactly as the KJV using hands.

this is the NKJV 1994 version Zac 13:6  And one will say to him, 'What are these wounds between your arms?' Then he will answer, 'Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.'

I am looking for a version I can copy verses here and there.

I came here in desperation hoping someone would know where I could find this 1982 electronic version.

Thanks in advance.

#4 DKHagans

DKHagans

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 04:33 PM

Ok after some digging I found what I was looking for and had it this whole time, "The Restored New King James Version"

(New King James Version)  And one will say to him, 'What are these wounds between your arms?' Then he will answer, 'Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.'

(New King James Version Restored)  And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Yes!!! and Now I have both version to compare!!!

The NKJV was touted as just having the archaic words updated the "thee's and thou's"

But they did a whole lot more than just updating a few archaic words, as can be clearly seen in comparing these two NKJV's side by side, and the changes are massive, the later nkjv follows close to the nasv based on the alexandrinus texts, they just wanted to make an old version better, un-huh right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users