Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Commentary for Greek Septuagint

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ShimmyYak

ShimmyYak

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 08:56 AM

Hi there dear community,

I'm hoping to find a great commentary to help with the Greek Septuagint, maybe something like Robertson's Word Pictures for the NT, which I love. I would want it for the Mac. Any resources exist?

Thank you!

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 09:45 AM

I notice that the NET Bible has many references to the LXX in its "commentary notes". This is a paid resource though and not from here, but just mentioning.

#3 ShimmyYak

ShimmyYak

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 10:05 AM

I notice that the NET Bible has many references to the LXX in its "commentary notes". This is a paid resource though and not from here, but just mentioning.

Thanks for that! This has been on my radar ever since I heard it recommended in a Daily Dose of Greek episode on youtube. But unfortunately, it does not seem to be available for the Mac-version of e-sword, from what I'm seeing here: https://netbible.com/download/  .

(Also, strange that they say with the notes, it's too large for a kindle file? I have kindle books which are MASSIVE. I never heard this before.)

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 10:08 AM

It does mention iPad etc on this page.

https://store.bible....tore/product/70

#5 ShimmyYak

ShimmyYak

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 10:20 AM

It does mention iPad etc on this page.

https://store.bible....tore/product/70

Yes, but I'm not sure if working for the ipad means it will necessarily work for the Mac, and I don't have an ipad. If someone is able to shed light on this, it would be greatly appreciated :- ) .

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 10:27 AM

Phone them to be sure. However from what I understand it is the one format that works on all Apple devices.

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 01 December 2021 - 02:30 PM

Phone them to be sure. However from what I understand it is the one format that works on all Apple devices.

Hi Jon,

Yep, it does. All resources with an "i" in it (e.g. bbli, cmti and etc) are made for e-Sword LT (iPhone), HT (iPad) and X (Mac devices), and therefore Mr Yak should not have a problem using it on his iOS device.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 01 December 2021 - 02:30 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 01 December 2021 - 09:47 PM

hb swete. old testament in greek vols.

Thackery. grammar of the Old Testament in Greek according to the Septuagint [Henry ST. John Thackeray] .

NET Bible has done a new translation the LXX.  

Other than that you will have to read your passage in commentaries that use Greek and Hebrew.

#9 ShimmyYak

ShimmyYak

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 07:56 AM

Hi Jon,

Yep, it does. All resources with an "i" in it (e.g. bbli, cmti and etc) are made for e-Sword LT (iPhone), HT (iPad) and X (Mac devices), and therefore Mr Yak should not have a problem using it on his iOS device.

Blessings,

Great to know; Thank you very much! That has now been moved to the very top of my "To purchase" list :- ) .

#10 ShimmyYak

ShimmyYak

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:44 AM

Hi Jon,

Blessings,

Okay, I purchased it this morning and just confirming that this is, indeed, correct! (Not that anyone was doubting it :lol:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users