Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Cannot install any modules

5 replies to this topic

#1 Notneb

Notneb

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 06:48 PM

I bought the 3 module Berean Bible Study Library, NKjv, Believers Bible Commentary, and Vine's, and they won't install. I've been emailing back and forth with support, with no luck. I get a msg saying failed to open. They show up in the installed list in the download window, until I close it, then they're gone. Sometimes the program locks when I try to close the download window. I have to open task manager and close it from the details tab. I've sent screen shots of the email and product keys and the error msg, to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I installed to a different hard drive. I've made sure permissions are set to everyone, full control. 

The few modules that didn't give me the error msg were fairly small, 1.5meg or less, but they still don't show up in the program. 

I've downloaded a few free modules from here, manually, unzipped and moved them to the right directory and they work. I just can't get anything to install using the downloader. Otherwise, the program seems to work fine.

Running Win 10, 64bit. eSword 13.0.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 08:29 PM

I bought the 3 module Berean Bible Study Library, NKjv, Believers Bible Commentary, and Vine's, and they won't install. I've been emailing back and forth with support, with no luck. I get a msg saying failed to open. They show up in the installed list in the download window, until I close it, then they're gone. Sometimes the program locks when I try to close the download window. I have to open task manager and close it from the details tab. I've sent screen shots of the email and product keys and the error msg, to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I installed to a different hard drive. I've made sure permissions are set to everyone, full control. 

The few modules that didn't give me the error msg were fairly small, 1.5meg or less, but they still don't show up in the program. 

I've downloaded a few free modules from here, manually, unzipped and moved them to the right directory and they work. I just can't get anything to install using the downloader. Otherwise, the program seems to work fine.

Running Win 10, 64bit. eSword 13.0.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are the modules in you e-Sword directory if not they they did not install correctly, also trying doing a search of computer to see if they installed somewhere other then your e-Sword folder

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 01:26 AM

Searching for them is a good idea... often due to UAC they end up being placed in a subfolder in Virtualstore. You can easily navigate to your personal one by putting this address in the File Explorer location/url bar

%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore

If you find them there, move them to the correct folder.

#4 Notneb

Notneb

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 09:07 AM

Searched entire computer. Files aren't there.

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:55 PM

Searched entire computer. Files aren't there.

Okay try this as a work around:

Create a new folder on your desktop 
install the downloaded modules to the new folder
If they they install to the new folder, copy and paste them into your e-Sword folder. 

#6 Notneb

Notneb

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 05:44 PM

OK, well... if I run the program as an administrator, the files seem to download ok. Don't know why that makes a difference but at least it's running. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users