Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to erase highlighter and pen markings?

2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnDoss

JohnDoss

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:34 AM

Hello,

I've been using ESword for years and love it. 

I've decided to try and record myself doing Bible studies on video and upload it to our church web page. 

I was looking around for ways to be able to mark up, underline, highlight Bible texts and, what do you know, it seems ESword-the software I use anyway for Bible study prep-is the best option. 

So I've just discovered the ctrl+h and ctrl+m highlighter and underlining tools in Esword. 

Here's my question:

How do I erase or delete my markings after I'm done with them?

I plan to show myself marking up the text in the video while I'm teaching, but after I'm done with the teaching, I don't want my markings permanently in my Esword Bible translation. 

When I close and reopen Esword, I see the markings and highlights I previously made. 

How do I delete my markings so that they don't appear after I've closed and reopened Esword?

Thanks,

John

#2 Cary Driscoll

Cary Driscoll

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 06:19 PM

I don't know how this works on the Mac version, but on the Windows version open the "e-Sword" folder you'll find within your "Documents" folder and simply delete the file "markup.ovlx", or rename it if you want to use it later.

You can also select the menu "Bible">"Markup File" to create and load different markup files. I guess any file that ends with .ovlx will be seen as a markup file.

Edited by Cary Driscoll, 04 February 2021 - 06:26 PM.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:59 AM

I guess any file that ends with .ovlx will be seen as a markup file.

Only with e-Sword. As for anything else its a no. Moreover, (and sorry for being somewhat pedantic) the ovlx file is not just seen as a markup file. It actually is a markup file.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users