Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Little blue cirlce

7 replies to this topic

#1 owo

owo

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue that I have actually noticed for quite a long time with Esword but it wasn't much of an urgency til now....

When I am reading out of the EDITORS section as I move the cursor the little blue thinking wheel keeps coming up...This gets to be very distracting when I am teaching online. I have an I5 with 8G of Ram and cannot understand why this would take place....?

I just had a check and I am NOT getting this on the BIBLE,COMMENTARY or DICTIONARY sections just the EDITOR section. Has anyone else ran into this and is there an way to settle down my cursor? LOL  :)

Cheers, jeff

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

All editor windows? Or just one?

#3 owo

owo

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:42 PM

Hi,

Yes, it is happening on the journal, study and topic notes page also....

I just noticed if the mouse is not touching any of the text it doesn't spin, only when I am touching the text with the cursor does it start to spin...

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

When you click on any word in the Journal, Study, or Topic notes, e-Sword searches all the dictionaries in the Dictionary Window for a matching term.

Try clicking the Synchronize Lookup With Word Click icon in the Dictionary window. It's the chain looking icon.

#5 owo

owo

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:31 AM

Hey Thanks again.....I already had it clicked so I tried using it unclicked but it had the same response. Then re-engaged it to see if that made any difference...No go  :rolleyes:

Edited by owo, 08 December 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#6 owo

owo

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

Just a follow-up...

Is anyone else experiencing this issue also?

Cheers, jeff

#7 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:31 AM

Is it when you click on a verse reference? If you have a lot of commentaries in e-Sword, and you click on a verse reference and make it the active verse, the blue circle behavior will be exaggerated as e-Sword synchronizes all the commentaries with the active verse. This can be switched off just like the dictionary word look up.

#8 owo

owo

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:49 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your response, Well i spent a couple days trying this out with as many different scenarios as I could possibly think of...I have quite a bit of topx files so I emptied them all out of my esword and only looked at a file with one document and this is still occurring....

I guess that it is what it is, I was just curious if there was a way to alleviate it or is this happening with everyone's esword too... :)

Cheers, and thanks everyone for your help

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users