Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Erasmus and beza greek/latin new testaments?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

uploaded update 0.3

I fixed the verses you gave and the latin

I have no problem searching and my fonts display fine for me

are you saying that even TITUS cyberbit basic displays boxes but they did before you reset eSword???

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#22 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

The BBLX for update 0.3 is not in the install program.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#23 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:56 AM

uploaded update 0.3

I fixed the verses you gave and the latin

I have no problem searching and my fonts display fine for me

are you saying that even TITUS cyberbit basic displays boxes but they did before you reset eSword???

Let me get the 0.3 and use a default eSword and see what I get. The boxes were only on the lines that did not have the correct encoding.

The default font I am mentioning that effects the display with the .2 version is the top one of the dialog that is by default set to Georgia. If I set it to Segoe UI, or TITUS Cyberbit basic, the display is ok

This is just focusing on Matt 1:16

Jon

#24 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

Jon

not every font is going to have every character available TITUS cyberbit basic has  one of the most Greek characters available

if a font that does not have the character used it will display blocks

Katoog

BBLX has been uploaded

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#25 Pasquale

Pasquale

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

I am working on Beza 1588 edition.

I checked Beza GNT 1598 (currently Matthew) in an hard copy:

I'm sorry to inform you that there are many inaccuracies in Beza GNT for e-sword. (without exaggeration, there are a thousand of "Moveable Nu" in the text that you have compiled, Beza always follows the rule of "Moveable Nu").  
You started from a basic text different from Estienne' edition. 

Good job with Erasmus 1516, but changes the basic text

Edited by gengiskan111, 28 April 2014 - 04:54 AM.

#26 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

I checked Beza GNT 1598 (currently Matthew) in an hard copy:

I'm sorry to inform you that there are many inaccuracies in Beza GNT for e-sword. (without exaggeration, there are a thousand of "Moveable Nu" in the text that you have compiled, Beza always follows the rule of "Moveable Nu").  
You started from a basic text different from Estienne' edition. 

Good job with Erasmus 1516, but changes the basic text

I dont understand what your saying are there Moveable Nu' there that should not be or vice versa I need examples chapter verse so i can compare to the beza pdf i have

I checked  a couple chapters of Matthew and i found the texts to match the beza i used

also you said good job with Erasmus 1516 I have not worked on Erasmus at all

#27 Pasquale

Pasquale

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

Beza GNT uses mostly these rules:

Movable nu:

used before words starting in a vowel to prevent hiatus.

omitted before consonants.

often used at the end of clauses or verses.

See these Examples in Beza-GNT for e-sword:

Mat 1:25 ἔτεκεν τὸν (in the pdf is:  ἔτεκε τὸν)

Mat 2:14 παρέλαβεν τὸ  (in the pdf is: παρέλαβε τὸ )

Mat 2:16 πᾶσιν τοῖς  (in the pdf is: πᾶσι τοῖς )

Mat 3:16 εἶδεν τὸ (in the pdf is: εἶδε τὸ )

Mat 5:5 κληρονομήσουσιν τὴν (in the pdf is: κληρονομήσουσι τὴν)

Mat 5:35 ἐστιν τῶν (in the pdf is: ἐστι τῶν)

Mat 6:5 φανῶσιν τοῖς (in the pdf is: φανῶσι τοῖς)

Mat 6:5 ἀπέχουσιν τὸν (in the pdf is: ἀπέχουσι τὸν)

You can do a simple test: in the text file GNT-Beza.rtf search the letters in t (font Titus) and compare the words that found with the pdf and you'll see that in the pdf file is omitted the letter "n" (moveable Nu).

Sorry "Erasmus and Beza greek" is the post title, I thought you were working on both, sorry again.

Edited by gengiskan111, 28 April 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#28 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Thank you

I will work on fixing this issue after I finish my current project which should not be to long

again thank you

#29 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

any update on this

#30 Pasquale

Pasquale

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

No,

I have suspended Beza 1588. I will resume it in november/december 2014.

Now I have finished to compile Griesbach 1805 for Bibleworks (CCAT format).

I'm doing the third revision of Griesbach' 1805 text (I usually check the greek text three or four times comparing the pdf).

Edited by gengiskan111, 19 August 2014 - 02:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users