Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

JR Miller Devotional badly made

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alardiado

Alardiado

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

This website has a module by JR Miller called Devotional Hours. But it has bad formatting. And its not even in devotion format? I found the module on another site too but its the same deal there: bad quality and wrong format.

I dont know, is it complicated to make a devotion module? The original text is available at gracegems.org/Miller. If its not too hard, maybe someone could make this into a real devotions module?

#2 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Are you speaking of this particular module: http://www.biblesupp...-bible-vol-1-8/

#3 Alardiado

Alardiado

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Yes, sorry I didnt think to put the link.

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

This website has a module by JR Miller called Devotional Hours. But it has bad formatting. And its not even in devotion format? I found the module on another site too but its the same deal there: bad quality and wrong format.

I dont know, is it complicated to make a devotion module? The original text is available at gracegems.org/Miller. If its not too hard, maybe someone could make this into a real devotions module?

Complicated? No, devotion modules are the easiest of modules to make, at least when you are beginning with well formatted text, like the GraceGems.org site you mentioned. Making a day by day devotional module would take maybe 5 minutes with regular expression searching and replacing.

I agree the current format the material is not ideal. Organized by volume doesn't make much sense and it certainly should not be in the devotions category since it's not a devotions module. 

I'll import the text from Grace Gems to create a day by day devotions module, as that's easier than trying to edit the current module. I'll also make a devotions module from J.R. Miller's "Year Book", another devotions book, since it's just a few minutes work. And then when I'm done, I'll delete the original file listing since someone else has complained in that module's file review too.

josh

#5 Alardiado

Alardiado

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thank you Josh! I knew if anyone would do this someone here would!

Edited by Alardiado, 01 March 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

If anyone sees other devotional material that would make a good 365 day devotional (or two year devotional), let me know. I saw J.R. Miller's Year Book at GraceGems.org and made it as well.

These are easy to make, and it actually takes more time to assemble a file description and locate a book cover than it does to make the devx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users