Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Strongs vs Mickelson

21 replies to this topic

#21 777dan777`

777dan777`

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:28 AM

Mickelson had nice format changes compared to strongs until the 2015 update, which started changing strongs text - not that strongs is the Bible, but if you are going to put strongs in your title, then you should retain strongs text. If I cannot revert back to a pre 2015 version, I'm done with Mickelson.

#22 brianswilson

brianswilson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:10 PM

Josh Bond (in response to the 16 Nov. 2012 posting): While I also have a sentimental attachment to the language and poetry of the Authorized King James version.  Unfortunately the KJV, in many places, relies on the Tyndale translation of almost a century before, and was translated at a time when religious contention between Episcopal and Presbyterian ideologies of England and Scotland were at a high level.  The amount of material available to modern scholars has also led to a greater refinement in our understanding of the ancient languages of the scriptures and these materials were not available at the time of the KJV's translation.  As a consequence of many of these factors, there are areas of the KJV where the consistency and accuracy of the translation suffers.

I've also had the privilege of working along side Mr. Mickelson on a daily basis (for almost a year and a half) at his primary place of employment.  I have observed him deal with the day to day frustrations and annoyances, as well as project setbacks and career affecting choices by made by impersonal corporate entities; and I can attest to his dedication to living a Christ like life and Christian commitment.  I had discussed his translation project with him.  His fervent dedication to producing the best (most accurate and consistent) possible English language translation is, I'm convinced, genuine.  His desire that no error in translation should lead anyone to lose their eternal salvation is also quite genuine.  While this dedication may seem unusual, I'm convinced that Mr. Mickelson's persistence has resulted in an excellent translation of the Holy Scriptures.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users