Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

My Sword and Kindle

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 feldsine

feldsine

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hello.  I have a Kindle Fire. I have enabled third party apps, gone to the MySword download page, and downloaded MySword.  Kindle says "download complete", but I can't find the file, and MySword isn't appearing as an installed app.  Wondering if someone could give some guidance?

#12 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hello.  I have a Kindle Fire. I have enabled third party apps, gone to the MySword download page, and downloaded MySword.  Kindle says "download complete", but I can't find the file, and MySword isn't appearing as an installed app.  Wondering if someone could give some guidance?

feldsine,

You probably need to find the file you downloaded and click on it to install the app.  Does the Kindle Fire have a file manager?  If so, you need to find the folder the file was downloaded in and click on it to install MySword.

Blessings,

Peter

#13 feldsine

feldsine

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Peter. I found the file, "mysword4android-4.2.2.apk   When I click it, I get a message saying "Cannot open file".  Perhaps I'm missing something required for the install? Or MySword is not compatible with Kindle Fire?

#14 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

I just tried to install from one I downloaded for my Samsung and it installed properly on my Kindle.  It is the first kindle fire - that may/may not make a difference.  You might try downloading again.

#15 feldsine

feldsine

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Yeah, I've tried 3 times so far over the last couple months, with multiple point versions.  Did you install yours from the Downloads folder of the Kindle (under Web)?  Just tap it and it should begin the install, right?

#16 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

I had it on my pc and copied it over to a hold directory I use for temporary stuff.  Yes, just tap and it installs.

You might check in settings/applications and see if it shows up in the list -it might have tried, failed and left junk that is messing you up.

#17 feldsine

feldsine

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Thought I would get back on this, I just resolved my issue. I installed ES File Explorer from the Amazon store, found the file I had downloaded in it, and installed it from there and it worked fine.

#18 kaz

kaz

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Thought I would get back on this, I just resolved my issue. I installed ES File Explorer from the Amazon store, found the file I had downloaded in it, and installed it from there and it worked fine.

thanks for this just got my kidle hdx and it works great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users