Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Cato Introduction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 James Rice

James Rice

Moderator / Resource Builder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hello my name is Cato and have frequented Bible Support since started. I live with my wife and four children in Cleveland, Ohio. I came to faith in Christ on April 3, 1976 in the parsonage of Lakeview Baptist Church in Spiro, Oklahoma. Pastor Charles Denney (who is now in heaven) presented the claims of Christ to an 18 year old boy and I gladly received the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour.

I am very conservative in my theology (and politics too) and thoroughly enjoy formatting the classics into an e-sword format. I remember going to Bible College in the late 1970's and unable to afford books like the Pulpit Commentary, Maclaren's Exposition of the Bible, Wuest Word Studies. But now because of sites like Bible Support and Dr. Dave T preachers and missionaries and ordinary students of Scripture have access to some of the greatest Christian books and commentaries ever written. God bless Brother Dave and Brother Josh for their outstanding sites!

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

I was in Bible College about the same time. I remember after the first semester's first trip to the book store sitting and looking at all those books - maybe 8 and thinking of someday having a whole shelf or two full :lol:

Today I have been sorting some of the hundreds if not thousands of ebooks I have on my drive. :lol:

I just tried to message Josh - box is full so will just post it here.

If anyone has a book that they would like to get hold of to convert and can't find it, email me and I will see if I have it.

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:02 AM

I remember after the first semester's first trip to the book store sitting and looking at all those books - maybe 8 and thinking of someday having a whole shelf or two full

When I was ten, I lived on the campus of a Bible College that trained Baptist Ministers. I think I have more e-Sword resources than the library there had.
Shortly thereafter, I spent some time on the campus of a Bible college that trained Church of Christ ministers,. I know I have more e-Sword resources than that library had.

jonathon

#4 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

The problem is we all just have one brain to get through it all :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users