Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Reference Books (topx) - Grime, J. H. - Blood Before Water and Christ Before the Church

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SpreadTheWord

SpreadTheWord

Resource Builder

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

File Name: Grime, J. H. - Blood Before Water and Christ Before the Church

File Submitter: SpreadTheWord

File Submitted: 31 Jan 2012

File Category: Reference Books (topx)

Author: J. H. Grime
e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x

"No two churches could be more unlike in the fundamental doctrines than the Baptists and the Current Reformation of the nineteenth century, now sailing under the nomenclature 'The Church of Christ'. They, and the Baptists, present the two extremes. The Baptists holding the doctrine of salvation by grace, and they salvation by works, or obedience. It shall be the purpose of these pages to develop this contrast in the light of the facts.

I have nothing but the kindest feelings toward this people, in fact many of my best personal friends are members of that body, and thousands of them, no doubt in my mind, are, good, noble Christian people, in spite of their faulty doctrine. Their doctrine strictly adhered to will not make Christians. I am glad of the many who live above their doctrines."

This small article talks about the differences between Baptists and Church of Christ on baptism, when the church started, faith, grace, salvation, and other important theological issues.

Click here to download this file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users