File Name: Principles of Biblical Hermeneutics
File Submitter: chosen
File Submitted: 28 Sep 2018
File Category: Reference Books (topx)Author: J. Edwin Hartil
e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
Suggest New Tag:: Hemeneutics, Dispensational
This upgrade (2.0) is provided by "JPG."
Missing topics are added.
Most of OCR spelling errors are fixed.
Reference module(refi) is attached.
J. Edwin Hartill was professor of Bible at Northwestern College for almost four decades, from 1944 until his death in 1981. Over the years he taught Doctrine, Old and New Testament Survey, Biblical Hermeneutics, Pre- and Post-Exile Prophets, Minor Prophets, Daniel, Revelation and many other book studies. Dr. Hartill was the host of "Bible Nuggets" which aired for 32 years on Northwestern Radio and other stations around the country. He also spoke at summer conferences and ministered throughout the United States.
Table of Contents
1. The Bible and the Bible Student
2. The Dispensational Principle
3. The Covenantal Principle
4. The Ethnic Division Principle
5. The Discrimination Principle
6. The Predictive Principle
7. The Application Principle
8. The Typical Principle
9. The Principle of Human Willingness in Illumination
10. The First Mention Principle
11. The Progressive Mention Principle
12. The Full Mention Principle
13. The Context Principle
14. The Agreement Principle
15. The Direct Statement Principle
16. The Gap Principle
17. The Three-fold Principle
18. The Election Principle
19. The Repetition Principle
20. The Synthetic Principle
21. The Principle of Illustrative Mention
22. The Double Reference Principle
23. The Christo-Centric Principle
24. The Numerical Principle