- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 08 2012 07:17 AM
- Last Updated: Feb 02 2012 08:23 PM
- File Size: 449K
- Views: 2539
- Downloads: 459
- Author: James Smith
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 6
- Smith, James - Believers Daily Remembrancer.zip
- Smith, James - The Attributes Of God
- Smith, James - The Love Of Christ
- Smith, James - Refreshment For The Savior's Flock At Eventide
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 1
- Smith, James - The Rainbow Of The Covenant
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 2
- Smith, James - James Smith's Autobiography
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 3
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 4
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 5
- Smith, James and Lee, Robert - Handfuls on Purpose (12 volumes)
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 7
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 8.
- Smith, James - The Believers Companion In Seasons Of Affliction And Trouble
- Works of James Smith
- Smith, James - Treasures from James Smith (choice articles).
- Smith, James E. - Proper Names in Isaiah (Dictionary)
- Smith, Jay - 101 Cleared Up Contradictions in the Bible
- Zerr Combined Bible Commentary
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 9
Christian Living Devotional
9.x - 10.x
Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 9
36 Choice Sermons
This is a choice and beautiful selection of sermons from one of the favorite Christian authors of the 1800s. The writings are old but timeless in quality and the subject matter covered. Check the contents below and see that there is a nice assortment of topics.
To the reader: May God use these materials to bring you closer and stronger in Him.
A Powerful Inducement to Liberality
Called of God
Justified by His Blood
Confidence in God
The Children's Privileges
A Useful Test
He Had No Heart in Religion
The Attitude of Creation
The Present State of Creation
The Hope of Creation
Nature and Grace Groaning
Salvation by Hope
The Object of Hope
The Hope of the Hypocrite
Holiness Unto the Lord
The Promise of the Spirit
Mercy Inviting the Backslider
The Voice of Christ
You Will Bring Me unto Death
Are you a Christian?
The Honor of the Godly
Saved from Wrath!
A Letter to the Author
ENOCH; Or, The Young Man's Walk
MOSES; Or, The Young Man's Choice
JOSHUA; Or, The Young Man's Courage
DANIEL; Or, The Young Man's Purity
The Good Soldier's Pursuit
The Good Soldier's Object
The Good Soldier's Prospect
Updated to e-Sword Standard Fonts.
James Smith (1802—1862) was a predecessor of Charles Spurgeon at New Park Street Chapel in London from 1841 until 1850. Early on, Smith's readings were even more popular than Spurgeon's!
My object is to lead the mind . . .
from SELF — to Jesus;
from sin — to salvation;
from the troubles of life — to the comforts of the gospel.
My aim is . . .
to humble the sinner — and exalt the Savior;
to strip the creature — and place the crown on the head of God's free grace!
I cannot ascribe too much to Jesus — or too little to man!
"I have received information of my books being made a blessing in many places. May the Lord make what I write a blessing, when my lips are silent in death!" James Smith, from his diary, January 1845
Source Note and Special Thanks
God's servants at http://www.gracegems.org/ updated, revised, and adapted this beautiful material to modern English. They adopted a 'flowing poetic form' for most of the quotes as an aid to reflection and comprehension. http://www.gracegems.../literature.htm Grace Gems Copyright Policy: We frequently get requests asking for permission to use literature from Grace Gems. Since everything on our website is public domain, there is no need to ask permission. We encourage others to use our literature in any way they desire. Forward it to others — add it to your website — put it in your church bulletins — make it into books or booklets for distribution. Also, feel free to add a "link" to http://www.gracegems.org/ on your website — there is no need to ask for permission. (Formatted for e-Sword by Tom Rightmer using e-Sword ToolTip v3.45)