- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Dec 04 2011 12:11 AM
- Last Updated: Aug 03 2012 08:30 AM
- File Size: 254K
- Views: 3170
- Downloads: 677
- Author: James Smith
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 6
- Smith, James - Believers Daily Remembrancer.zip
- Smith, James - The Attributes Of God
- Smith, James - The Love Of Christ
- Smith, James - Refreshment For The Savior's Flock At Eventide
- Smith, James - The Rainbow Of The Covenant
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 2
- Smith, James - James Smith's Autobiography
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 3
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 4
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 5
- Smith, James and Lee, Robert - Handfuls on Purpose (12 volumes)
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 7
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 8.
- Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 9
- Smith, James - The Believers Companion In Seasons Of Affliction And Trouble
- Works of James Smith
- Smith, James - Treasures from James Smith (choice articles).
- Smith, James E. - Proper Names in Isaiah (Dictionary)
- Smith, Jay - 101 Cleared Up Contradictions in the Bible
- Zerr Combined Bible Commentary
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Smith, James - Choice Sermons By James Smith - Volume 1
Christian Living Devotional
9.x - 10.x
Twenty choice sermons from James Smith.
The Wealthy Family!
Paul's Seven Wishes
A Curious Meditation
Abide with Me
The Bitterness of Sin!
An Offensive Question!
The True Remedy
Christ All in All!
God's Special Treasure
The Zealous Christian!
The Proper Aim of a Christian's Life
The One Mediator!
The Restless Bed
Israel's Need — and God's Mercy
Updated to e-Sword Standard Fonts.
James Smith (1802—1862) was a predecessor of Charles Spurgeon at New Park Street Chapel in London from 1841 until 1850. Early on, Smith's readings were even more popular than Spurgeon's!
My object is to lead the mind . . .
from SELF — to Jesus;
from sin — to salvation;
from the troubles of life — to the comforts of the gospel.
My aim is . . .
to humble the sinner — and exalt the Savior;
to strip the creature — and place the crown on the head of God's free grace!
I cannot ascribe too much to Jesus — or too little to man!
Source Note and Special Thanks
God's servants at http://www.gracegems.org/ updated, revised, and adapted this beautiful material to modern English. They adopted a 'flowing poetic form' for most of the quotes as an aid to reflection and comprehension. http://www.gracegems.../literature.htm Grace Gems Copyright Policy: We frequently get requests asking for permission to use literature from Grace Gems. Since everything on our website is public domain, there is no need to ask permission. We encourage others to use our literature in any way they desire. Forward it to others — add it to your website — put it in your church bulletins — make it into books or booklets for distribution. Also, feel free to add a "link" to http://www.gracegems.org/ on your website — there is no need to ask for permission. (Formatted for e-Sword by Tom Rightmer using e-Sword ToolTip v3.44)