Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Hello from Idaho!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BWhitesell

BWhitesell

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOrofino, ID

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Just a quick greeting from Idaho.

Several years ago I discovered e-Sword and loved the convenience of the programs. A couple of burn-outs resulted in a long absence from both the computer and online access. Now I'm back up to speed and have downloaded the updated and improved e-Sword and the many, many improvements. I especially appreciate all the modules and have installed several.

My only quibble arose while creating Topic Notes. I wish there were a sub-menu associated with the Paste to Topic Notes option so the user could choose among existing Topic Notes or create a new note. I accidentally pasted over an existing note before I realized I needed to create the new note before saving the material for the topic.

I don't know how active I'll be on the forum, but I will be reading the various subjects over the next week or so.

Thank you again for this wonderful resource!

In Christ since 1976,
Barbara Whitesell
Psalm 1:1-3

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

Barbara,

Welcome to www.biblesupport.com and welcome back to e sword.

Please let us know if we can with be of any assistance with e sword or with locating resources. There is a lot to look through on this site.

There are a lot of people here who like to help out others.

Blessings,
Peter

I was born physically in 1976, In Christ since 1996... not too far from Idaho, we moved from Maine to Washington state 3 years ago...

#3 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to Biblesupport dot com! You live in a great part of the nation friend - I've hitch-hiked through Idaho many times during the 90s, as well as visiting a pastor friend in Moscow (Doug Wilson) back in the 80s. I really love (and miss) your corner of our country!

Isn't eSword a great software platform? :) The number and quality of the resources has really grown these past couple of years! The Lords grace, and toolkit, is being poured out to his children. Blessings through Christ Jesus to you, LarryG.

Edited by LarryG, 30 July 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#4 Judith Ann

Judith Ann

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hi Idaho, I am in Texas,  I was part of the previous E-sword module group before they renamed it.  I also have been a lover of E-sword for many years, specially the old bibles before Westcott and Hort.  I encourage everyone to support Rick even if it is only a small amount.

#5 Judith Ann

Judith Ann

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

I am very happy to have so much support.  I was able to get E-sword running on Ubuntu.

Edited by Judith Ann, 24 August 2012 - 07:22 AM.

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

Hi Barbara in Idaho,
Along with Larry and Pete, welcome to this site and forum,

It's neat to have you here, and I trust you really have a great time on this forum.

From my perspective BibleSupport is more than just a Library for e-Sword modules and resources. To me its an online community who love to share with each other some incredible works that normally are not available. But I also tend to think it goes further than that.

One can meet some incredible people here, and make friends with one another on this site. The Blogs page is a good place to go if one want to read some studies and thoughts some members have posted. Its good way to get to know some people.

Josh Bond, the creator and owner of BibleSupport, has developed this site to the extent where one can IM each other, and have a chat. So in many respects this site has a social network feel to it.

So, with all of that, let me say again, Welcome to BibleSupport, and hope your stay is richly rewarding.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 07 August 2012 - 05:03 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users