Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What if e-Sword

22 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Looked like this, with the Reference Library having the option of being fully integrated into the main window configuration:

Attached File  what-if-esword.png   362.51K   54 downloads

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

I've always wished the Step reader was an option that way and the ref would be as well, though they work okay separately. With an icon at the top along with bible, comm. dict. it would be a great addition.

#3 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

I think all the windows should be integrated with the option of detaching any of them

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#4 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

I think all the windows should be integrated with the option of detaching any of them

Maybe I don't understand correctly what you want to do, but I thought we could already do this in just about any configuration we could dream up. As an example, I have tabs on the left margin for Dictionaries and Editors, and my main screen is divided in half - Bibles and Commentaries. When I used the tabbed resources, I click them from the top main menu of e-Sword, going into an almost full screen for either of the hidden resources. This is the way I like to use e-Sword because I need the real estate for larger fonts for my weak eyes. I don't click them from the left margin because it would take them back to my main screen where I originally had everything on one screen. It was too much for the large fonts that I need. I hope this helps you.

Edited by journey, 23 March 2012 - 02:22 AM.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#5 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

I thought we could already do this in just about any configuration we could dream up

I think that they are wanting something akin to this screenshot.

jonathon

Attached Files

#6 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

Maybe I don't understand correctly what you want to do, but I thought we could already do this in just about any configuration we could dream up.

what I suggested was that all the windows that eSword produces map window, step reader, ref window, etc. separate from the main esword window be integrated like Josh posted concerning just the ref window but on top of that give the option to detach (separate) any window(s) from eSword like the Map step and ref windows are now

several reasons for this come to mind
  • people with large screens
  • people with multiple screens
  • people that use esword with other software but only needs part of eSword so the eSword part could be onscreen at the same time as the other program eliminating the need to switch back and forth between windows

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#7 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:24 AM

hi
I agree with what DSaw and Jonathon said and posted.
Rick listen to us about images in Dict and cmt. so hopefully he will try to work this in as well

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#8 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

Josh started it LOL

#9 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

This might be obvious, but it would need to operate like the existing windows and be collapsible for those using small screens.

#10 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

Actually the detached windows would be a small benefit to small screens as you gain a little real estate from not having the extra window title and toolbar's from the main screen And yes I would think that the integrated windows would behave the same as they currently do

And my apologies to Josh for High-jacking his thread

Edited by DSaw, 23 March 2012 - 08:50 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users