Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Possible 10x bug?

22 replies to this topic

#11 quietdove

quietdove

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

Unfortunately restarting e-sword did not help for me, but it seemed to have a mind of it's own. However using the 'copy' does work to get the 'copy to notes' awake and working.

JPG, since it seems you have ask Rick about it, I will not ask him again, thanks for the information, will wait for his next release.

Thanks much

#12 dbax

dbax

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

I have the same problem and I use windows 7. This all started when I upgraded to version 10 of e-sword. Also grayed out is the "highlight" icon and in the menu above the topics notes the "redo" arrows are also grayed out. Has this problem been answered yet?

#13 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Could you show a screenshot?

#14 dbax

dbax

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

I'm not that versed in how to do that? Maybe I can be a little more discriptive. In the Topics (or Journal, or Study) window you see the icon menus at the top of the window -- several command icons are there. The "redo" arrows are grayed out, the "paste", the "copy" and the "cut" icons are grayed out and none of these work. Going to the Bible window at the left there is a similar menu with command Icons and there the "paste into notes" (study, journal, topics0 is grayed out as well as the "highlight" icon. I have tried selecting a verse, right click and find in the drop down menu the with the "Paste to --- command is grayed out. FUNY THING JUST HAPPENED -- while bouncing back and forth between this subject and e-sword the grayed out icons suddenly colored and now are useable. I have been dealing with this all day and now, for no apparent reason they are working?????

#15 dbax

dbax

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

I turned e-sword off and back on again -- and now the command icons mentioned in the previous reply are all grayed out again and unusable???

#16 dbax

dbax

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

Right clicking works now and is not longer grayed out? The icon for same function is still grayed out but when I highlight text it comes alive, but text has to be highlight in order to work. Maybe this is the way it is supposed to work? Still does not explain by the right click menu command was grayed out. ??

#17 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

In the Topics (or Journal, or Study) window you see the icon menus at the top of the window -- several command icons are there. The "redo" arrows are grayed out, the "paste", the "copy" and the "cut" icons are grayed out and none of these work.

You need to click a new topic, and the editor icons will not be greyed out. Click where the red box is below and enter a topic title. The buttons will return to normal.

Attached File  e-sword-topic.png   20.43K   6 downloads

The author of e-Sword says this is not a bug, technically speaking, that it's intended behavior. But it's a huge usability issue. You're the 20th person (at least) who has asked me about this since e-Sword 10 was released. :)

#18 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Well when I contacted Rick Meyers he indicated only that a fix would be available at the next build. I thought it might be a couple of days time, but it appears to whenever.
There seems to be a problem with e-Sword thinking that the clipboard is in use, hence some of the menu items are greyed out. Perhaps it is worth noting other programs that could be using the clipboard and not load them, to see if this makes the difference.

#19 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Simple way to make a screenshot it to press "Print Screen" and that will put an image of your screen in the clipboard. Then you can open "Paint" and paste the image crop to size, save and upload. If you just want a shot of the active window press Alt+Print Screen....

#20 dbax

dbax

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Thanks Josh but I tried that ealier today and that did not work. Oddly, everything is working perfectly right now. what seems to happen is when I close down and restart these features disappear but after about an hour of so they come up on their own -- I think? I have no idea.

JPG, thanks for the input. I just turned e-sword off and rebooted, it is still working okay?? I have no idea, but i was experiencing the exact same thing you discribed but for whatever reason it is working now?? Did you ever get a fix? If not are you still using the sofware?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users