Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Possible 10x bug?

22 replies to this topic

#1 quietdove

quietdove

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

Or I am just doing something wrong, which is probably the case.

Some of my Bible verses, when I go to copy them into note, do not have the box available. I mean the box is there, it is just greyed out, no work. But I never know when it will do this, it is only with some passages in some books

Am I doing something wrong I don't know I am doing? Or is it a bug in the software?

#2 quietdove

quietdove

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

Well, now I can't copy/paste a verse at all, the box is greyed out. Verses I just did earlier. I am going to re-start my computer, maybe it is just in a bad mood at this point in the morning...LOL

#3 quietdove

quietdove

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

Well, no luck. Not sure what to think. It has been working with the exception of every now and then different book, different verses. But now the "paste" to notes box is greyed out and not useable.
I can click the "copy" box and then paste it in my notes, but, Idk, just wondering what I have done, or is it a bug....please don't tell me to uninstall and reinstall....I really hate doing that...LOL
This is just weird, now it is working?Anyone else? Or is my computer like my car, only gets goofy when I'm driving...

Edited by quietdove, 11 December 2011 - 09:49 AM.

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hi,

I'm not clear on what you're trying to do and what screen you're doing it from? In the Bibles window, if you don't have verse(s) selected, the "Copy Verses" and "Paste Into..." buttons are greyed out.

#5 quietdove

quietdove

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

It's the pop up box for when you have a verse or verses selected, like I might just have one, or several, then when I click on the 'copy verses' button at the top of the Bible window underneath the Bible version tabs, sometimes the 'paste into topic notes' button is greyed out, and won't click, it is doing it again now. Won't work in any book with any selected passage.

The 'copy' and 'cancel' button will work, and I can click 'copy' and then close out the box, go to my topic notes and click in there and paste. It is just that 'copy into topic notes' button that is being difficult. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...

I don't know if I am doing something wrong. I have restarted my computer a couple times and even tried closing e-sword and just opening it up again, but that doesn't help. It has been doing it but only here or there, I thought that maybe just some verses were maybe not working right, but now it is nothing working.

I took a screen shot of it...well, I'm trying too uploaded, not sure exactly how that works here...LOL

Attached Files

Edited by quietdove, 11 December 2011 - 03:23 PM.

#6 zamzowm

zamzowm

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

Your problem may be that you have not opened or created a topic. Just click on the New Topic button. Then the Copy to Topic Notes Button in the copy menu should work.

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

It's the pop up box for when you have a verse or verses selected, like I might just have one, or several, then when I click on the 'copy verses' button at the top of the Bible window underneath the Bible version tabs, sometimes the 'paste into topic notes' button is greyed out, and won't click, it is doing it again now. Won't work in any book with any selected passage.

The 'copy' and 'cancel' button will work, and I can click 'copy' and then close out the box, go to my topic notes and click in there and paste. It is just that 'copy into topic notes' button that is being difficult. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...

I don't know if I am doing something wrong. I have restarted my computer a couple times and even tried closing e-sword and just opening it up again, but that doesn't help. It has been doing it but only here or there, I thought that maybe just some verses were maybe not working right, but now it is nothing working.

I took a screen shot of it...well, I'm trying too uploaded, not sure exactly how that works here...LOL

Hi Josh,
I figured out the problem as a result of looking at your Screenshot, and reading Quitedove's initial post.

Resolution to the problem.

If pasting to the Topic Note Editor make certain you have created a note topic note that has a page title to it. Otherwise it won't work, and then click on the Paste into Topic Notes button

If pasting to Study Note or Journal Editor, the Paste into button is not greyed out, so you won't have any problems there.

Important to Remember ... Make certain you have created a Topic Note file with at least one page title before attempting to Paste into Topic Notes otherwise you've cooked your goose. It just won't work despite how you hold your nose.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#8 quietdove

quietdove

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

But I was trying to copy to a topic note page that is named? The page was blank, but that has never been a problem. In other words, I created a topic note, titled it, but with my new blank titled topic note page, I didn't have any problems. This was happening with established note pages, with title and information already existing. Just happening off and on..

I am not sure I understand what you are saying though.

One thing I did find that would turn it on if and when it does not work, it click the icon for "copy verses"(under the Bible tabs). And if the "paste to topic notes" is greyed out, click "copy" instead. And the "paste to topic notes" will then turn on be usable. I usually click "cancel" then, and start the process over with my "copy to topic notes" button working and we are good to go at that point.

#9 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

Right, I remember chatting with you about this. I also know from chatting with you that you run Vista. Rick is supposed to be back in today, so I would encourage you to talk to him. Please report back what he says. I've heard of a number of "weird" things happening in Vista that we don't have answers for right now.

Josh

#10 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

I have had this same issue on both XP in VM and on Vista (native). When it is not working, simply copying some text of the Bible or restarting eS fixes the issue.
Jon

Response from Rick,(17 December 2011 14:39) is that he has changed the way clipboard availability is tested. Will be in the next release.

Edited by JPG, 17 December 2011 - 08:50 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users