- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Dec 26 2013 02:22 PM
- Last Updated: Dec 26 2013 02:22 PM
- File Size: 180K
- Views: 1607
- Downloads: 137
- Author: Ryle, J.C.
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Ryle, J. C. - Advice to Young Men
9.x - 10.x
Advice to Young Men.
By John Charles Ryle
This short little book (I believe what I have in the module is a condensed version of a larger book by Ryle. If I find a copy of the larger book, I will post it also). Ryle starts with the dangers to young men: pride, love of pleasure, thoughtlessness, contempt for Christianity, fear of man’s opinion. Then he goes to general advice: the need for a clear view of sin, knowing Jesus, the importance of your soul, service, Bible as a guide and adviser. He ends with 5 chapters on special rules: breaking off sin, shunning sin, remember the eye of God, diligence, and prayer.
2. Love of Pleasure
4. Contempt of Christianity
5. Fear of Man’s Opinion
1. Try to get a clear view of the evil of sin
2. Seek to become acquainted with Jesus Christ
3. Remember, nothing is as important as your soul
4. Remember, A young man can serve God.
5. Make the Bible your Guide and Adviser
6. Never make an Intimate friend of anyone who is not a friend of God.
Special Rules for Young Men
1. Resolve, by God’s help, to break off every known sin
2. Resolve, by God’s help, to shun every occasion of sin
3. Resolve never to forget the eye of God.
4. Be diligent in the Practice of your Christianity
5. Resolve that wherever you are, you will pray.
Module courtesy of: TWModules.com: David Cox, a great e-Sword/TheWord friend who is dedicated to converting materials into bible software formats.