- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Aug 09 2013 06:14 AM
- Last Updated: Aug 09 2013 06:14 AM
- File Size: 864K
- Views: 1300
- Downloads: 117
- Author: NA
- MySword Version:: 1.X
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- The Pulpit Commentary Droid MySword Version
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catena Droid MySword Version
- The Revelation of Jesus Christ Droid MySword Version
- Dunagan, Mark - Commentaries (14 volumes) (MySword Version)
- Quotes by Great Children of GOD Droid MySword Version
- Koenig, Donald - The Revelation of Jesus Christ Through the Ages Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - One Day at a Time Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - Christ Loved The Church Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - Old Testament Digest Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - Leadership Kit Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - True Discipleship Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - Where is Your Treasure Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - LORD, Break Me Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - Final Destiny Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - That's a Good Question Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - To What Should We Be Loyal Droid MySword Version
- MacDonald, William - Articles Droid MySword Version
- Fortner, Donald - Grace For Today Devotional Droid MySword Version
- Discovering Christ In Selected Books of the Bible (11 vols, commentary) Droid MySword Version
- Persecution and Profession Droid MySword Version
- Darkness of the Dark Ages Droid MySword Version
- Lights and Shadows of the Reformation Droid MySword Version
- Heroes of the Reformation Droid MySword Version
- A Catholic Commentary On Holy Scripture
- Jonathan Mitchell's New Testament
- Notes on The Scriptures with a Commentary on Hebrews
- Works of Jonathan Edwards (35 Files)
- On Loving God
- Harness, Jonathan - Hidden Treasures in the Bible Book 1 Droid MySword Version
- Harness, Jonathan - Hidden Treasures in the Bible Book Two Droid MySword Version
- Harness, Jonathan - Gospel Combined 2 RTF March 9th 2015 Revision Droid MySword Version
- Harness, Jonathan - Gospel Combined French Droid MySword Version
- Harness, Jonathan - Gospel Combined German Droid MySword Version
- Harness, Jonathan - Gospel Combined Spanish Droid MySword Version
MySword (Mobile) Module Download:
Light Amid the Darkness as Seen in the Life of Luther Droid MySword Version 1.0
How do I view MySword modules?
Note: After you download the file to your PC or your android device, the file must then be moved to the MySword folder on your android device. If downloading directly to your android device, you may need to install a file explorer app to be able to move the file to your MySword folder if your device does not have one already.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Luther's Early Life — A.D. 1483-1501.
Magdeburg — "Bread for the love of God" — Why called 'Martin' — Severity of his Parents — Ursula Cotta — Luther's Music
Chapter 2. Luther at College — A.D. 1501-1505.
Erfurt — Luther finds the Bible — Thirst for truth — Bachelor of Arts
Chapter 3. Luther a Teacher — A.D. 1505.
Luther Master of Arts — Death of Alexis — Luther in the Storm — His Vow — Paul and Luther — His parting repast — Takes himself to the cell
Chapter 4. Luther a Monk — A.D. 1505-1508.
His drudgery — Search for Holiness — His anguish — Staupitz — Forgiveness of sins — The Belief — Grace — Luther a Priest
Chapter 5. Luther a Professor — A.D. 1508-1510.
Wittenberg — Luther teaches Philosophy — Bachelor of Divinity — The little Chapel — Luther preaches Salvation
Chapter 6. Luther's Visit to Rome — A.D. 1510.
No fasting at the rich Monastery — Luther's sickness and anguish — Corruption at Rome — Jokes of the Clergy — Pilate's Staircase — "The just shall live by faith"
Chapter 7. Justification by Faith — A.D. 1510-1517.
Luther Doctor of Divinity — Carlstadt — Truth not new, but recovered — Light makes manifest the darkness
Chapter 8. Sale of Indulgences — A.D. 1517.
Tetzel's preaching — Myconius and the "Free" Indulgence — The Shoemaker's Wife — The Saxon Gentleman — The parting feast — Luther's Theses — Tetzel's Theses — Dr. Eck — Luther at Heidelberg
Chapter 9. Luther in Conflict with Rome — A.D. 1518.
How Germany was governed — Luther summoned to Rome — George Spalatin — Luther to be tried in Germany — Philip Melanchthon
Chapter 10. Luther at Augsburg — A.D. 1518.
Cajetan (De Vio) — Discussion — A word of six letters would settle all — Justification by faith ruins Rome — Nothing settled — Luther escapes — God's truth precious
Chapter 11. Luther and Miltitz — A.D. 1518.
Luther must leave Germany — No, he need not go — The matter postponed, not settled — Decretals of the Popes — The Golden Rose — The truth spreads
Chapter 12. Luther and Dr. Eck — A.D. 1519.
Carlstadt — Discussion — Supremacy of the Pope — Huss and Wiclif — Purgatory — Commentary on the Epistle to the Galatians — The Lord's Supper.
Chapter 13. Luther and the Roman Bull — A.D. 1520.
Election of Emperor — Charles chosen — Luther on Good Works — His Appeal to the German Nation — Luther writes to the Pope — Zwingli appeals to the Pope — Eck brings the Papal Bull — Margaret of the Low Countries — The Count of Nassau — Luther burns the Pope's Bull — Demand for Luther's death
Chapter 14. The Diet at Worms — A.D. 1521.
Luther excommunicated — Aleandro's Speech — Luther summoned — Threats on the journey — Reception — George Frundsberg — Luther before the Diet — He will not retract — Duke Eric of Brunswick — Luther departs
Chapter 15. Luther at the Wartburg — A.D. 1521, 1522.
Luther carried off — Knight George — Translation of the Bible — Monkery — Temptation by Satan — Luther visits his friends — The Sorbonne
Chapter 16. The Reformation and Its Dangers — A.D. 1522.
The Mass — "Both Kinds" — Carlstadt — Gabriel Didymus — The Prophets — Nicholas Storch — Images broken — Learning despised — Call for Luther
Chapter 17. Luther Returns to Wittenberg — A.D. 1522.
The Swiss Students at the 'Black Bear' — the New Book — Luther preaches on the state of affairs — New Testament in German — King Henry of England — Melanchthon's "Common Places" — King Henry writes against Luther — Henry made Defender of the Faith — Luther replies
Chapter 18. Persecution Breaks Out — A.D. 1522-1525.
Henry Voes, John Esch, and Lambert Thorn — Pope Adrian too "good" — Julio De Medici — Diet of Nuremberg — Campeggio — Gaspard Tauber — Henry Zuphten
Chapter 19. Revolt of the Peasants — A.D. 1525.
The Anabaptists — Count Louis of Helfenstein, his wife and child — John Müller — Munzer caught — The Revolt not a fruit of the Reformation — Death of the Elector Frederick — John, Elector of Saxony
Chapter 20. Luther Marries — A.D. 1525.
The Nuns of Nimptsch — Catharine Bora — Family Scenes — Luther's Poverty
Chapter 21. Diets of Augsburg and Spire — A.D. 1525, 1526.
Threatening — The Emperor and the Pope quarrel
Chapter 22. The Sack of Rome — A.D. 1527.
Rome pillaged by the Catholics — The Pope a Prisoner — Hypocrisy of the Emperor — Judgment
Chapter 23. Peace Disturbed — A.D. 1527, 1528.
Otho of Pack — His Treachery
Chapter 24. Protestantism — 1529.
Diet at Spire — The Protest — Protestants
Chapter 25. Luther And Zwingli — A.D. 1530.
Discussion on the Lord's Supper — OEcolampadius — Bucer — Luther and the Table-cover — The flesh profiteth nothing — They agree to be friends
Chapter 26. The Protestant Confession at Augsburg — A.D. 1530.
Melanchthon and the Confession — Concession — The Duke of Bavaria and Dr. Eck — Reply to the Confession — Threats to the Reformers — The Gates of Augsburg secured — Flight of Philip of Hesse — The cry for War is changed to Peace — Attempts at Agreement — God prevents it — Christ and Belial cannot agree — Diet ends in confusion — The Swiss and German Christians unite
Chapter 27. Attempts at Agreement — A.D. 1530-1536.
Meetings at Smalcalde — Luther's "Admonition to his beloved Germans" — Diet at Ratisbon — Fear of the Turks — A General Council — Death of Clement VII. — Paul III. — Verger — Luther ordains — Envoys from France and England — The Reformation becomes political — The Articles of Smalcalde — Death of Erasmus — Not a Martyr
Chapter 28. Insurrection of the Anabaptists — A.D. 1534, 1535.
Rotman and John of Leyden at Munster — Anabaptists and their visions — John alters the law of Marriage — He is made king of all the earth — His twenty-eight Evangelists — The Famine — John executes his wife — Munster taken — Satan's work
Chapter 29. Darkness Amid the Light — A.D. 1540.
Philip of Hesse wants another wife — He quotes the Old Testament Saints — Appeals to the Reformers — The Reformers fall — Doctrine of Marriage — Philip with his two wives — Grace abounds over sin
Chapter 30. The General Council — A.D. 1540-1545.
What is to decide in the Council? — Diet at Ratisbon — Gropper's book — Truth and Error will not unite — Death of George of Saxony — Henry, a Protestant, succeeds — The Council of Trent entirely a Catholic Council
Chapter 31. Luther's Old Age and Death — A.D.1534-1546.
The complete Bible in German — Its teachings — Luther's Catechisms — Plagues at Wittenberg — Hans Kohlhase, the Robber — Death of Magdalen — Luther at Eisleben — His sickness and death — Luther's character — Faith — Light from the Scripture — In Christ is all I need