- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 27 2013 11:53 PM
- Last Updated: Jan 27 2013 11:57 PM
- File Size: 23K
- Views: 1890
- Downloads: 141
- Author: John W. McGarvey
- e-Sword Version: 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Johnson, James W. - God's Trombones.zip
- Lawrence, John W. - The Six Trials of Christ.topx.exe
- Lawrence, John W. - Five Warnings of Hebrews.topx.exe
- Johnson, B.W. - Collected Commentaries
- Johnson, B.W. - Christ and the Future Life
- Zerr Combined Bible Commentary
- Johnson, Barton W. - Library
- Lawrence, John W. - Library
e-Sword 10 Module Download:
McGarvey, J.W. - Letters to Bishop McIlvaine on Christian Union
Denominations and Disciplines Episcopal Church of Christ
John W. McGarvey
J.W. McGarvey's Letters to Bishop McIlvaine on Christian Union
J.W. McGarvey was called by the London Time "the ripest biblical scholar on earth," and his commentaries have been kept in print by multiple publishing houses for close to 150 years, and are required reading in many seminaries across the world.
Charles McIlvaine was an Episcopal bishop, writer, and twice served as chaplain of the United States Senate. He is the only American whose body was honored at Westminster Abby before being buried.
The letters in this book were written to Bishop McIlvaine when he was leading the push for a uniting of denominations under the banner of an association. They express joy at the prospect, but also reservations about the methods and wordings of the constitution of the new "association" in Cincinnati. Especially of interest to those who enjoy American church history.
Other works by J.W. McGarvey:
- Treatise on the Eldership
- Jesus and Jonah
- Short Essays in Biblical Criticism
- A Guide to Bible Study
- Selected Commentaries